• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Pellet selection

First, let me start by stating the obvious: JSB currently doesn't offer a pellet similar in weight to the 21.1gr H&N Barracuda Match so there is no apples to apples comparison to be made. At the moment,..JSB goes from an 18.1gr JSB Jumbo Heavy to their next heaviest pellet, the JSB 25.38 gr Jumbo Monster. This creates a large hole which the 21.1 gr H&N Barracuda Match fills perfectly all by themselves. However, last year I spoke to the owner of JSB and was told they are currently working on a new pellet around the same weight at the H&N Barracuda. We shall see..

Now on to your question: "Has anyone tried both and had their rifle like one better?"
Yes. Only one rifle I know shoots prefers the heavier H&N Barracuda Match over the lighter JSBs and that rifle is the .22 DayState Air Wolf. On High Power, my Air Wolf shoots the heavier H&N Barracuda Match with better accuracy and consistency compared to the lighter JSB 18.1 and 15.9 grain pellets. Using the H&N Barrcuda Match, I can usually expect 1" or less groups of 5 shots at 50 yards and 1.5" groups at 75 yards. However, when I shoot at low power, the lighter JSB pellets shoot better than the heavier Barracudas.

Unfortunately, I haven't shot a .22 beyond 75 yards. If you are getting 2" or less groups at 93 yards, that is outstanding. The AA S510 appears to be every bit as accurate as others have stated. Sounds like you have a winner.

In terms of loading, the H&N pellets are rougher to load compared to the butter smooth JSB pellets. I suspect the JSBs are slightly softer than the H&N pellets which might be why they load easier.

I understand that the issue with weight difference. I was just curious about accuracy difference at longer ranges. Thought increased FPS with a lighter pellet would result in down range accuracy difference.
travels4fun actually answered my question as well by stating that my 93 yards groups were what others were getting or thinking it was a decent grouping.