Pellet prices - WTF?!

You can find good deals on Crosman pellets usually at places like Walmart.

For the boutique pellets (JSB etc) usually you have to go to an airgun shop -- in Canada there's only a few so it's all on-line for all but a few of us. I think you have a good amount of storefronts in the States. I'd start looking locally. Failing that, you have tonnes of on-line options. Look at the affiliate vendors -- there's a sub-forum devoted to them.

And if you're desperate, there's always places like Amazon.
If you order from Amazon know that they will toss the tins in the box with zero effort toward their safe arrival.

Look again, the tins only hold 250 pellets.
Definitely 500 ct. per tin...

image.jpeg

Watch for holiday sales on the daisies as well. Got them for less than $6 last year on 4th of July sale. 10 tins and still had to add a can thrower target to get free shipping. Better try a small batch in your guns first as they are not long range lasers. Close range pest getters for sure.
What gun(s) are you shooting them

Among cheap .22 pellets, the Daisy hollow points have shown to be the biggest surprise for me in recent years. Prior experience with anything from Daisy had led me to expect garbage but a few started reporting good results so I got some to try. Result was much better groups on average than I’ve gotten from Crosman HPs or even the domes. And not just from top tier barrels but even from a $100 FD-PCP and an AV Avenger.

They also show significant expansion on small game...not just synthetic tests like gel or clay or wet newspaper. A quick scope cam and necropsy on a gray squirrel

About the only way to recover a Crosman pellet from a squirrel is to drive it long ways from tip to tail. Deformation is practically nonexistent except for slight marring where it strikes bone. The Daisy HP does a much better job transferring energy which means more tissue damage for most shot placement angles.

Last edited:
Reactions: qball
Among cheap .22 pellets, the Daisy hollow points have shown to be the biggest surprise for me in recent years. Prior experience with anything from Daisy had led me to expect garbage but a few started reporting good results so I got some to try. Result was much better groups on average than I’ve gotten from Crosman HPs or even the domes. And not just from top tier barrels but even from a $100 FD-PCP and an AV Avenger.

They also show significant expansion on small game...not just synthetic tests like gel or clay or wet newspaper. A quick scope cam and necropsy on a gray squirrel

About the only way to recover a Crosman pellet from a squirrel is to drive it long ways from tip to tail. Deformation is practically nonexistent except for slight marring where it strikes bone. The Daisy HP does a much better job transferring energy which means more tissue damage for most shot placement angles.
Where are you getting these? Right from Daisy, or somewhere else?

If you order from Amazon know that they will toss the tins in the box with zero effort toward their safe arrival.

I don't order from Amazon anymore, but before I understood where to find vendors, I ordered maybe 30 tins off Amazon. As you know, the packaging wasn't much. That said, the pellets arrived safely, with very little damage to the pellets -- just a couple squished pellets in 200 or 500-tin containers.

Meanwhile, the healthcare industry is seeing massive wage increases right now. My wife just received her third pay increase this year. Before she was even paid out for the most recent increase, the hospital offered a massive retention bonus for her to sign an agreement saying she will stay for just one year. Huge price increases in healthcare/insurance are coming.

One thing is for sure trickle-down economics certainly works, with regard to increasing costs. The more the provider/pellet maker pays for materials and labor the more the end user pays. Throw in a middleman (insurance company/pellet dealer) and look out,...
Good point. My wife also works in health care. Though she has not seen anything other then the annual raises. She has talked about how they are running on low numbers and there is a big push to keep thing on track regardless. Everything is a mess to be honest. I waited 4 months for some jeep parts to come in to do a major upgrade. Ended up with an unknown window with a rear axle. Place doing the work offered some other options. Sure it cost me a good deal more but in the end it will be worth it. In fact I should have it back early next week.

Not only notice the high prices but some vendors are sold out on what I need on occasion.
Yeah, Pyramyd is often out of JSP 18.13’s. You can’t click on BUY you can only click on INFORMATION and then it says they’ll email when they’re available.
Right at the start of the covid hoax I started heavy into PCP’s and started buying pellets, not to hoard but in anticipation of upcoming retirement so as to have them on hand and knowing I had some expendable income while working. Currently waiting on 3,000 18.13’s from Pyramyd and that will put me at 58,000 on the shelf. Hopefully that will last me a while.