• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pellet prices - WTF?!

Don't get to shoot much, so the 2,000 pellets I bought way back have lasted me until now. Went to go buy my trusty 10.34 JSB and my jaw dropped. Since when did a 500 pack of JSB .177 go from $11.99 on PA to $19.99?!
You have been gone and quite awhile because those prices have slowly been rising since before the covid mess...lol.
Don't recall seeing the $12 and $14 pricing but I do remember watching them go from $15 to $17 to $18 to their now $19.99 a tin.

Just don't cry until you need to replace a car - immediately.
My wife's '03 CRV was colateral damage on the Hwy early in May, the Insurance company arranged for a rental car. We waited five days to get just any rental car. In meantime she received a big fat check from the Insurance ... the CRV is uni-body and not repairable.
I was running around for days, new cars are out 3-4 months in average (a friend of mine is waiting for he's new Venza since Oct last year). One afternoon by coincidence only I ran into a lease return and immediately bought a 2 years old '20 CRV with 20K Km on it - for a total cost way more then a new. That is roughly about $10K loss in a split second. Just because she has to drive to work. A week later gas prices skyrocketed.
Thaaat is a -> WTF

Reactions: Smitty911
Just don't cry until you need to replace a car - immediately.
My wife's '03 CRV was colateral damage on the Hwy early in May, the Insurance company arranged for a rental car. We waited five days to get just any rental car. In meantime she received a big fat check from the Insurance ... the CRV is uni-body and not repairable.
I was running around for days, new cars are out 3-4 months in average (a friend of mine is waiting for he's new Venza since Oct last year). One afternoon by coincidence only I ran into a lease return and immediately bought a 2 years old '20 CRV with 20K Km on it - for a total cost way more then a new. That is roughly about $10K loss in a split second. Just because she has to drive to work. A week later gas prices skyrocketed.
Thaaat is a -> WTF

I had a bid of about 5k for a 20-year old van, in a local auction. There was 10 minutes remaining on the auction and I was still in the lead. I was thinking, maybe I'd get something at a reasonable price. In the last 10 minutes the price of the van shot up to 70k. New, these vans go for about 40k in Canada.

• Wow
Reactions: bigHUN
Don't get to shoot much, so the 2,000 pellets I bought way back have lasted me until now. Went to go buy my trusty 10.34 JSB and my jaw dropped. Since when did a 500 pack of JSB .177 go from $11.99 on PA to $19.99?!
Welcome to the current administrations economy. Inflation stinks. I have been going through some old woodworking mags and it’s amazing how much prices are up over the last 10+ years

Reactions: L.Leon and douger
I'm lucky. Out of all the pellets to choose from, The Brocock shoots the CPHP the best. I've never had a problem finding them at my local Wally. I do, however, buy several every time I need pellets. Maybe I should start buying more.
You can still pick them up for $6.24 + tax.. My Brococks like them too. At less than 1/3 the price of JSBs they're a no brainer for pesting.

Good morning everyone. Great site. I am new to this and doing as much research online and lurking here. Who or where are the places to buy Pellets, slugs. Everything costs more of course, just trying to find reputable sellers.
Thanks

You can find good deals on Crosman pellets usually at places like Walmart.

For the boutique pellets (JSB etc) usually you have to go to an airgun shop -- in Canada there's only a few so it's all on-line for all but a few of us. I think you have a good amount of storefronts in the States. I'd start looking locally. Failing that, you have tonnes of on-line options. Look at the affiliate vendors -- there's a sub-forum devoted to them.

And if you're desperate, there's always places like Amazon.

You can find good deals on Crosman pellets usually at places like Walmart.

For the boutique pellets (JSB etc) usually you have to go to an airgun shop -- in Canada there's only a few so it's all on-line for all but a few of us. I think you have a good amount of storefronts in the States. I'd start looking locally. Failing that, you have tonnes of on-line options. Look at the affiliate vendors -- there's a sub-forum devoted to them.

And if you're desperate, there's always places like Amazon.
OK thank you for the information. I really appreciate the reply. Have a great day