• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pellet prices are catching up to rim fire.

Place where I buy pellets have raised prices by 40% since my last purchase 6 weeks ago. 

I know.....supply and demand but getting tired of all these shortages and price gouging.

Aloha Marley,

I hear you there brother...trying to find the pellets I shoot and shipping to Hawaii is killing me.

Aloha, Keone

Are you talking about high grade pellets? I buy mostly the Crosman premier pellets. They are cheap and shoot well out of my guns. I'm very fortunate that I've been able to still buy these at my local walmart. No shortages and prices are still the same.

Aloha Moog,

I wish I could shoot CMP and my local Walmart doesn't carry JSB or HN pellets. Lucky you that your gun shoots them well.

Aloha, Keone

I don't know what pellets you are comparing but while pellet prices have risen somewhat I don't see anything in the same ball park as current rimfire prices. I have to assume you are talking .22 for a valid comparison. I only shoot .177 so I can't directly compare. But I only shoot quality pellets like H&N, JSB, AA, RWS, etc., and I can still get them for way less than current rimfire.

Lots of these type of "pellet shortage", "price gouging" threads. I have zero issues getting pellets during this supposed "pellet crisis". Purchased 4 tins of 14.3 gr. Premiers at Tractor Supply at $8.99 per tin. Also picked up 6 tins of Daisy Hollowpoint .22 pellets at $6.99 per tin from Daisy.com. And those were recent purchases. Also am sitting on 16 tins of JSB Exact Jumbo 18s, purchased during the "scamdenmic"...🤓 Yes, you can say that a tin of JSBs costs what a brick of .22s used to cost. But we're talking about premium pellets as opposed to a brick of low quality .22 rimfire.

Lots of these type of "pellet shortage", "price gouging" threads. I have zero issues getting pellets during this supposed "pellet crisis". Purchased 4 tins of 14.3 gr. Premiers at Tractor Supply at $8.99 per tin. Also picked up 6 tins of Daisy Hollowpoint .22 pellets at $6.99 per tin from Daisy.com. And those were recent purchases. Also am sitting on 16 tins of JSB Exact Jumbo 18s, purchased during the "scamdenmic"...🤓

I think it has a lot to do with where you live. I get those same 14.3gr Premiers for $6.24 per tin. I just picked up some more today along with the Premier .177s.

No issues finding crosman pellets here, shot some 7.4 pointed today out of my challenger and it’s absolute laser beam out to 34 yards. Definitely headshot accuracy on a mouse or house sparrow. Got 5 boxes of NSA slugs coming to have enough till he setup shop again. 15 boxes of slugs should last me a while now I don’t shoot them much for tuning.

So……try a different ammo? If you are dead set on JSB just preorder at pyramid. Took a while but no issues getting my fill of hades.