Pellet orders?

Not saying that does not suck but I would think all those pellets went USPS. You have to believe your local USPS is playing basketball with your packages and deserves some credit. I had lots of pellets come from vendors way less padded than pyramid without top and bottom. None looked like yours and 98% arrived pristine.

The more you put into one box the higher the probability of damage. A 5lb package dropped from 5 feet sustains way less damage to internal contents than a 15lb package. The force of the extra weight crushes the contents against each other. This is especially true of people trying to get the free shipping deals at $150 etc. You know that is going one flat rate box which is the cheapest crummiest way to ship.

These vendors are probably in a race to get the orders shipped as well. They wanted everything out the door so orders could not be cancelled for some vendor giving a better price or deal. The stock will soon be gone and most will be thinking of how happy they would be if they could get a package with a damaged tin just so they could shoot.

What is up with the pellet orders? We finally see some in stock.

across 3 orders from 3 places, I have ordered about 8000 rounds of JSB-ish.

3. Just today, I got my PA order, 8 tins of JSB 18gr. They came in the normal foam cutouts, except there was NO PADDING on the top and bottom. Guess what was all crushed in like someone had a pogo stick contest on top of them? YES, SENDING THEM BACK.

I am really frustrated and disappointed that ammo is finally available, except its not. Why can places no longer package and ship these in a way that they arrive safely?

I feel for you man, but your description is hilarious!! 🤣🤣 I got some recent shipments from PA. The pellets weren’t packaged as usual, but adequate enough to prevent the sort of damage you encountered. Apparently all employees are not performing at the same level in the packing department and/or the shipments aren’t being inspected before the boxes are taped up for departure. It sucks to have to wait weeks or a couple months to then have this happen. I hope you took photos and the retailers are accommodating in compensating you for the inconvenience. 

Ideally the pellet tins should be inside a cardboard tube that can just house them, there should be at least 1"! of foam in both ends, end caps should be taped vigorously on.

All this should be wrapped in foam padding, and any additional space in the shipping box should be filled out with blister packaging ,,,,,,, emmmm stuff / those plastic airbag thingies. And in both ends not just one end to take up slack.

I can pick up my 4 tins of pellets today, i am a bit anxious about how they look after the tracking MSG, and reading this post.

Just had the GLS guy turn up at my door with the parcel i was supposed to pickup :) turn out my worries was without a reason,

IMG_20210820_140444.1629461995.jpg

IMG_20210820_140646.1629462002.jpg

Over the years I think most of us have received damaged pellets. I send pictures depicting the damage to the supplier and cannot remember returning any damaged pellets. A replacement comes and I then cull the damages pellets . I usually end up with a lot of pellets that weren't damage. Of course this is a bigger problem now with pellets in short supply.