• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pellet order gone wrong, need opinions.

ChrisG is not doing anything wrong, if he tried to sell the pellets for more than retail then he would be scalping. That is not what he is doing, he is finding deals for large quantities then selling them at a markup just like any retailer would do.

If he was trying to sell the pellets for more than they could be purchased retail then he would be scalping. 

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, I see. ChrisG has specifically admitted to buying 'dented tin specials' and to buying empty undented tins to switch out the pellets that weren't damaged in the dented tin specials he originally purchased. If you look at what I posted about the Deceptive Trades and Practices Act, you will see that it can be construed as having violated the Act. Which in itself is a violation of the ....

Business & Commerce Code: Title 2. Competition and Trade Practices, Chapter 17. Deceptive Trade Practices.

As well as ... 15 U.S. Code § 57a - Unfair or deceptive acts or practices rulemaking proceedings

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/57a

You can stick up for him all you want to; but, the simple fact of the matter is that this type of business could violate both state and federal laws. 

Even if he hasn't actually sold (as yet) any of these altered, secondhand, tins of pellets, his admissions could constitute intent to do so which in the eyes of the law could be considered an 'attempt'.

An attempt to commit a crime occurs if criminal has an intent to commit a crime and takes substantial step toward completing the crime, but for reasons not intended by the criminal, the final resulting crime does not occur. Attempt to commit a particular crime is a crime, usually considered to be of the same or lesser gravity as the particular crime attempted. Attempt is a type of inchoate crime, a crime that is not fully developed. The crime of attempt has two elements, intent and some conduct toward completion of the crime. Criminal Law - Cases and Materials , 7th ed. 2012, Wolters Kluwer Law & Business; John Kaplan (law professor), Robert Weisberg, Guyora Binder, , [https://law.stanford.edu/publications/criminal-law-cases-and-materials-7th-edition/]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attempt

I'll say it one more time. I disclose the information about the dented tins and Pellets being sorted and placed into undented tins. So consumer knows exactly what they are purchasing. No deceptive practices happening.

I never stated that I sell them as new stock. That's an assumption that was made without asking my procedures and how I list them.

I'll say it one more time. I disclose the information about the dented tins and Pellets being sorted and placed into undented tins. So consumer knows exactly what they are purchasing. No deceptive practices happening.

I never stated that I sell them as new stock. That's an assumption that was made without asking my procedures and how I list them.

You also haven’t disclosed what you plan to sell the pellets for. If these tins were to come to you completely sealed and indented, would you be selling them for the same price as dealers? If so, I don’t see any reason why you can’t continue with your “business”. But if you are selling for higher, then it IS scalping, or profiteering, or whatever you want to call it, and I won’t be surprised if after this post, you’ll be able to sell anything ever again! At least in the airgun community!

And yet you didn't 'disclose' the real reason you wanted empty pellet tins in the OP of this thread.....

Empty pellet Tins?

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/empty-pellet-tins/?view=all#post-997904

Which could be construed as:

Intentional Misrepresentation - Fraud By Omission - Legal ...

avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/intentional-misrepresentation---fraud-by-omission

Fraud By Omission, the suppression or omission of a material fact which a party is bound in good faith to disclose is equivalent to a false representation, since it constitutes...

You also haven’t disclosed what you plan to sell the pellets for. If these tins were to come to you completely sealed and indented, would you be selling them for the same price as dealers? If so, I don’t see any reason why you can’t continue with your “business”. But if you are selling for higher, then it IS scalping, or profiteering, or whatever you want to call it, and I won’t be surprised if after this post, you’ll be able to sell anything ever again! At least in the airgun community!

Thanks, Full retail for now. More for weighed and sorted. Takes time to weigh and sort Pellets.

Thanks, Full retail for now. More for weighed and sorted. Takes time to weigh and sort Pellets.

Thanks for admitting you're a scalper / profiteer.

Everyone kinda already figured that out though. J/s

Thanks for admitting you're a scalper / profiteer.

Everyone kinda already figured that out though. J/s

You're welcome!

ChrisG is not doing anything wrong, if he tried to sell the pellets for more than retail then he would be scalping. That is not what he is doing, he is finding deals for large quantities then selling them at a markup just like any retailer would do.

If he was trying to sell the pellets for more than they could be purchased retail then he would be scalping. 

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, I see. ChrisG has specifically admitted to buying 'dented tin specials' and to buying empty undented tins to switch out the pellets that weren't damaged in the dented tin specials he originally purchased. If you look at what I posted about the Deceptive Trades and Practices Act, you will see that it can be construed as having violated the Act. Which in itself is a violation of the ....

Business & Commerce Code: Title 2. Competition and Trade Practices, Chapter 17. Deceptive Trade Practices.

As well as ... 15 U.S. Code § 57a - Unfair or deceptive acts or practices rulemaking proceedings

You can stick up for him all you want to; but, the simple fact of the matter is that this type of business could violate both state and federal laws. 

Even if he hasn't actually sold (as yet) any of these altered, secondhand, tins of pellets, his admissions could constitute intent to do so which in the eyes of the law could be considered an 'attempt'.

An attempt to commit a crime occurs if criminal has an intent to commit a crime and takes substantial step toward completing the crime, but for reasons not intended by the criminal, the final resulting crime does not occur. Attempt to commit a particular crime is a crime, usually considered to be of the same or lesser gravity as the particular crime attempted. Attempt is a type of inchoate crime, a crime that is not fully developed. The crime of attempt has two elements, intent and some conduct toward completion of the crime. Criminal Law - Cases and Materials , 7th ed. 2012, Wolters Kluwer Law & Business; John Kaplan (law professor), Robert Weisberg, Guyora Binder, , [https://law.stanford.edu/publications/criminal-law-cases-and-materials-7th-edition/]

My brother you have way too much time on your hands

If I were you I would let it go. As long as you post full disclosure of what you are doing and give a guarantee you are doing nothing wrong. 

You will find (I'm 67) that you can't change minds and the world is full of people trying their damnedest to find fault

1. You're not 'my brother'.

2. You have no idea what I do or don't do w/ my time.

3. You are whiteknighting for someone who has admitted he is a scalper / profiteer.

4. You are whiteknighting for someone who has apparently violated the Deceptive Trade and Practices Act, which in and of itself constitutes violation of state and federal laws.

The question becomes ... why? Why would you do that?

If I were you I would let it go. As long as you post full disclosure of what you are doing and give a guarantee you are doing nothing wrong. 

You will find (I'm 67) that you can't change minds and the world is full of people trying their damnedest to find fault

He hasn't done that. SAYING you're going to do something and actually doing it are two different things. Nor has he given a guarantee. He has admitted he buys 'dented tin specials' for cheap cheap.

1 +1 = __?

He started a thread wanting to buy undented tins.

1+1+1 = __?

He admitted his intent to switch out the usable, second hand, pellets from the damaged tins to the undamaged tins.

1+1 +1 + 1 = __?

He admitted his intent to then sell the pellets at full retail price (or higher).

1+1+1+1+1 = __?

3. You are whiteknighting for someone who has admitted he is a scalper / profiteer.

4. You are whiteknighting for someone who has apparently violated the Deceptive Trade and Practices Act, which in and of itself constitutes violation of state and federal laws.

Actually we are all brothers, we are all related! 

You are an angry man, that is judgmental untrusting and conspiracy minded.

I have never met ChrisG and I have never met you. From his posts and your posts in this thread I will say if I had to choose one of you to meet it would be ChrisG.

As for your little catch phrase whiteknighting nope not me I just don't like bull's

LOLOL

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism in which the ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves and attributing them to others.[1] For example, a bully may project their own feelings of vulnerability onto the target, or a person who is confused will project their own feelings of confusion and inadequacy onto other people.

Projection incorporates blame shifting and can manifest as shame dumping.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

I have never met ChrisG and I have never met you. From his posts and your posts in this thread I will say if I had to choose one of you to meet it would be ChrisG.

Too each his own. 

As for your little catch phrase whiteknighting nope not me I just don't like bull's

One can lead a horse to water; but, he can't make it drink. One can lead a man to knowledge; but, he can't make him think.

LOLOL

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism in which the ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves and attributing them to others.[1] For example, a bully may project their own feelings of vulnerability onto the target, or a person who is confused will project their own feelings of confusion and inadequacy onto other people.

Projection incorporates blame shifting and can manifest as shame dumping.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Too each his own. 

One can lead a horse to water; but, he can't make it drink. One can lead a man to knowledge; but, he can't make him think.

Man you are something else! You have a good day

This ^…..thank you JerryR

2fast2furious you are right in 1 sense.but he never said what he paid for them and he never said what he was charging for them.

Actually, he did. He said he was charging full retail for the pellets he salvaged from the dented and/or crushed tins he bought at 'dented tin specials' and switched to undented tins he bought from people here at AGN, (& presumably elsewhere).

I know the individual that sold him the pellets and he is a super good individual he sold these cheap and after negotiating with this guy because of the shipping issue he refunded a hefty sum of money and then this guy puts this on here while they are negotiating, unbelievable. I also know the pellets were not damaged when he shipped them or he would not have sold them. Karma is a bi#$h.

It doesn't help your particular situation but this is exactly why I break my orders up. If I buy 40 or more tins, I break them up into 10-12 tin orders. Some vendors will put all the tins nto one package to save money and of course the package get tossed, pushed with feet, etc during transit.

Remember no one bends with their legs. 🙄

Yes I do the same if ordering from PA. If you make a big order they don't pack your pellets very well. Not sure what gives there. Employees being lazy I guess?