• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pellet order gone wrong, need opinions.

Why not just shoot em? 

You have $300 worth of $600 of pellets, why not just use em? 

If you wanted to buy and resale because that's how business/capitalism/whatever works, then you should know that business doesn't always turn a profit. 

No sense in talking to us, we didn't sell em to you. Talk to your "distributor" you got them from. 

You are the "dealer" in this venture. 

The market made up by us "consumers" are the ones that will decide what they are worth if you put them up for sale. 

Actually I'm the consumer until I offer them for sale. Plus as I stated before I planned to keep a few tins as well.

So those signs I see on telephone poles says "We Buy Houses - Cash". Or at the car lot - "Top $$ for your car" are consumers? I mean until they flip the house, or car? Seems from your recent posts that's you have had this "plan" for a while. Repacking? 

[WTB] Large Lots of Pellets - Airgun Nation

[WTB] JSB .30cal & .25cal pellets. - Airgun Nation

[WTB] JSB .35cal pellets. - Airgun Nation

Empty pellet Tins? - Airgun Nation

I honestly think this post will do nothing but hurt your "business". Should have handled it privately with the seller(s). I'm all for capitalism, but as an FYI make sure you keep good records and report your income to the appropriate authorities.

Yeah, its a red flag why he's suddenly in the market for empty tins in excellent condition. Could be he wants to switch the pellets from the dented tins to the undented tins. 

This thread makes me despair. Good on you ChrisG - may you profit amid the whiny entitled that seem to think that, somehow, you owe them free pellets.

GsT

GeneT, thanks for response. I don't know why people are against someone trying to make a little money these day's? No one has to buy anything I offer if they don't like the prices. It's pretty simple.

I came to ask others what they would do in a similar situation, not their personal opinions on what I do with Pellets I buy at discount(I never pay close to full retail) and resell to help offset my personal Pellet cost. You'd think all these non helpful replies are coming from the Pope. They seem to think I give a crap. If you think I'm a scalper than that's what I am. Nothing I could say would obviously change your mind. Even though I've said I buy in bulk for the discounts. Just like regular Reseller's do.

Why not just shoot em? 

If you wanted to buy and resale because that's how business/capitalism/whatever works, then you should know that business doesn't always turn a profit. 

No sense in talking to us, we didn't sell em to you. Talk to your "distributor" you got them from. 

The market made up by us "consumers" are the ones that will decide what they are worth if you put them up for sale. 

Actually I'm the consumer until I offer them for sale. Plus as I stated before I planned to keep a few tins as well.

So those signs I see on telephone poles says "We Buy Houses - Cash". Or at the car lot - "Top $$ for your car" are consumers? I mean until they flip the house, or car? Seems from your recent posts that's you have had this "plan" for a while. Repacking? 

I honestly think this post will do nothing but hurt your "business". Should have handled it privately with the seller(s). I'm all for capitalism, but as an FYI make sure you keep good records and report your income to the appropriate authorities.

Yeah, its a red flag why he's suddenly in the market for empty tins in excellent condition. Could be he wants to switch the pellets from the dented tins to the undented tins.

Red flag? Really? Yes that's exactly why I'm looking for non dented tins. Is that a problem? Sorting through damaged tins and putting good Pellets in fresh empty tins and offering them for sale? That's somehow wrong? Oh, I should just give you the Pellets for what I paid minus my time and effort for sorting and repacking. Got it. 

Why not just shoot em? 

Red flag? Really? Yes that's exactly why I'm looking for non dented tins. Is that a problem? Sorting through damaged tins and putting good Pellets in fresh empty tins and offering them for sale? That's somehow wrong? Oh, I should just give you the Pellets for what I paid minus my time and effort for sorting and repacking. Got it.

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/deceptive-trade-practices.html#:~:text=1%20Passing%20off%20goods%20or%20services%20as%20those,the%20geographic%20origin%20of%20goods%2Fservices%20More%20items...%20

Some examples of activities that would be considered deceptive trade practices may include:

• Passing off goods or services as those of another
  • Causing a likelihood of misunderstanding or confusion regarding the source, certification, or approval of goods or services.
  • Using deceptive designations or representations of the geographic origin of goods/services
  • Representing that the goods or services have ingredients, characteristics, uses, qualities, or benefits that they do not actually have
  • Claiming that goods are new or original if they are used, second-hand, altered, or deteriorated
  • Representing that certain goods or services are of a certain quality, grade, standard, model, or style, when they are of another
  • Misrepresenting the goods, services, or business of another entity through the use of misleading facts
  • Advertising products with the intent to sell them at a different price or quantity than advertised (for example, price reductions)

My last response didn't post for some reason. Not going to repeat what a wrote. I disclose that Pellets have been sorted when I sell sorted lots. So that blows the deceptive practices theory out of the water. If it's NOS it's listed that way.

As for updates the sellers response after I asked to return the lot and get a refund.

Is that they'll refund my money if I send the Pellets back and there is no further damage in return shipping. So now I have to package them better than they came, to get my refund? Doesn't seem very fair to me?

If we weren’t in a shortage situation, I’m sure you would have received more support. Most of us have seen this same opportunistic BS in the powder burner world and the wounds are still fresh. So you’ll have to understand how karma biting you has given some people pleasure. You complaining about your situation is not helping. Like a bank robber complaining about the used car salesman that sold him the getaway car that broke down.

Do Deceptive Trade Practices Laws cover other issues besides Goods and Services?

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/deceptive-trade-practices.html#:~:text=1%20Passing%20off%20goods%20or%20services%20as%20those,the%20geographic%20origin%20of%20goods%2Fservices%20More%20items...%20

Yes- in addition to the provisions contained in federal and state laws, deceptive trade practices are also monitored and regulated by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
These focus more on the activities of business rather than the goods and services, including:

2. Using coercive or high pressure sales and collections tactics

4,Taking advantage of factual circumstances, such as emergency situations or the vulnerability of a particular marketing demographic.

( #4 would be the aforementioned pellet drought.)

Re-Post of some of the above:

• Representing that the goods or services have ingredients, characteristics, uses, qualities, or benefits that they do not actually have
  • Claiming that goods are new or original if they are used, second-hand, altered, or deteriorated
  • Representing that certain goods or services are of a certain quality, grade, standard, model, or style, when they are of another
  • Misrepresenting the goods, services, or business of another entity through the use of misleading facts

Seems to me trying to buy a quantity of fresh undented tins and then switching pellets from dented, i.e. 'deteriorated' tins to a fresh undented tin, counts as 'altering' and being 'secondhand'.... thereby 'Representing that certain goods are of a certain quality, grade, standard, model, or style, when they are of another. That would be ... Misrepresenting the goods ... through the use of misleading facts. All of which is ... Representing that the goods have ingredients, characteristics, uses, qualities, or benefits that they do not actually have.

Is that they'll refund my money if I send the Pellets back and there is no further damage in return shipping. So now I have to package them better than they came, to get my refund? Doesn't seem very fair to me?

Really? LIVE WITH IT.

Frankly I am inclined to agree that if you sorted and weighed them and sold them as sorted and weighed it would be reasonable to expect a fair price. You have added a service. DITTO if you sized them and sold them as sized. That would be adding a service. You could even size them, weigh them, and sell samplers at a premium. There are a lot of ways to get past this little hiccough.

This thread is long and you are looking for sympathy from the people you intended to profit from, when a vendor does that everyone thinks it is just fine. Apparently vendors have a halo or maybe people just understand that the vendor needs to pay staff and eat... but when Joe Schmuck the pellet reseller does it, well that's just evil.

Six of one half a dozen of the other. Pretty sure you haven't broken any laws but there will always be people ("red blooded, 'murican, capitalists") who also think you are evil and a scapler 'cause profit is evil except when ... Funny how that foolishness works, isn't it?

But you really did come to the wrong place looking for sympathy...

Really? LIVE WITH IT.

Frankly I am inclined to agree that if you sorted and weighed them and sold them as sorted and weighed it would be reasonable to expect a fair price. You have added a service. DITTO if you sized them and sold them as sized. That would be adding a service. You could even size them, weigh them, and sell samplers at a premium. There are a lot of ways to get past this little hiccough.

This thread is long and you are looking for sympathy from the people you intended to profit from, when a vendor does that everyone thinks it is just fine. Apparently vendors have a halo or maybe people just understand that the vendor needs to pay staff and eat... but when Joe Schmuck the pellet reseller does it, well that's just evil.

Six of one half a dozen of the other. Pretty sure you haven't broken any laws but there will always be people ("red blooded, 'murican, capitalists") who also think you are evil and a scapler 'cause profit is evil except when ... Funny how that foolishness works, isn't it?

I came here asking what others would do or expect in this situation. If that's asking for sympathy, so be it. But the majority here seem to believe what I do, the seller should make it right. That's what I would do. You're right about this being the wrong place to ask for suggestions/never asked for sympathy. Way to many Karen's here.

Thanks for your input.

As for Longfellow assumptions about switching tins beat up for good tins. It's an idea I got when reading about the pellet industry and how Pyramid Air handle's their damaged shipments. They have sales, sort Pellets and totally write stuff off. I actually have a buddy who works at Pyramid who was working on getting me dented tin specials. That's why I was in search of new Tins. 

The thread is done now. I'll most likely end up eating the deal. Which was something I was expecting, just wanted to see if if my take on how it should be handled was not just my opinion. 

Really? LIVE WITH IT.

As for Longfellow assumptions about switching tins beat up for good tins. It's an idea I got when reading about the pellet industry and how Pyramid Air handle's their damaged shipments. They have sales, sort Pellets and totally write stuff off. I actually have a buddy who works at Pyramid who was working on getting me dented tin specials. That's why I was in search of new Tins. 

Link?

Looks like you've cornered the market on 'dented tin specials'. But, haven't you contradicted yourself? This whole thread is apparently about a 'dented tin special' where you want your money back. And now, it turns out you're on the look out for 'dented tin specials' ?

M'kay.....

Oh and btw? What you think 'Karens' are needs some work.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Karen

Really? LIVE WITH IT.

Link?

Looks like you've cornered the market on 'dented tin specials'. But, haven't you contradicted yourself? This whole thread is apparently about a 'dented tin special' where you want your money back. And now, it turns out you're on the look out for 'dented tin specials' ?

M'kay.....

Read whatever you want into what I said. You have no clue about how I conduct my business.

Link

https://www.ammoland.com/2010/02/air-gun-pellet-shipping-damage-pyramyd-air-takes-action/#axzz6ubiFFA6p

Really? LIVE WITH IT.

Link?

M'kay.....

Read whatever you want into what I said. You have no clue about how I conduct my business.

Link

https://www.ammoland.com/2010/02/air-gun-pellet-shipping-damage-pyramyd-air-takes-action/#axzz6ubiFFA6p

Thanks for the link. Yes, you have been very vague about how you conduct your business; it reminds me of one of the definitions for 'shady'... given to acting in secret and to concealing one's intentions.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/shady

Thank you for admitting that what you do is in fact a business and not just a one time resell to make a profit during the pellet shortage.

ChrisG is not doing anything wrong, if he tried to sell the pellets for more than retail then he would be scalping. That is not what he is doing, he is finding deals for large quantities then selling them at a markup just like any retailer would do.

If he was trying to sell the pellets for more than they could be purchased retail then he would be scalping. 

ChrisG is not doing anything wrong, if he tried to sell the pellets for more than retail then he would be scalping. That is not what he is doing, he is finding deals for large quantities then selling them at a markup just like any retailer would do.

If he was trying to sell the pellets for more than they could be purchased retail then he would be scalping. 

Gotta wonder - how did you find this out? I haven't seen him advertising anything yet. How do YOU know what he is going to be selling them for?

Gotta wonder - how did you find this out? I haven't seen him advertising anything yet. How do YOU know what he is going to be selling them for?

I do not know him but I have had enter action with him before and if you will simple do a search you will see for the most part he is a seller here. 

I would have thought that 2000 years ago when Jesus was crucified that we would have learned to not find guilt until it exists. I think this post was about wanting advice not being ran through through a kangaroo court and punished before a crime was committed. 

I do not know him but I have had enter action with him before and if you will simple do a search you will see for the most part he is a seller here. 

I would have thought that 2000 years ago when Jesus was crucified that we would have learned to not find guilt until it exists. I think this post was about wanting advice not being ran through through a kangaroo court and punished before a crime was committed.

Are you a politician? I asked what I thought was a simple question.........