Pellet of choice Hatsan 22 Caliber AT44 Long

My 22 cal long in stock form shot everything less than 21 gr. way too hot to be accurate past 50 yards. The 18 gr JSBs were going about 1030 fps. I ended up getting a regulator on mine and have it set to shoot 18 gr JSB Jumbos at 900 fps and the Air Arms 16 gr at 930 fps. and both are pretty accurate at these speeds. I set it up to shoot the JSBs but discovered the AA were also accurate.

I have the AT44 QE Short and initially my copy loved anything with H&N written on it. It also likes the CHP's but they are far too hot. For a while, I settled in on the 21.14gr H&N Baracuda Power (copper). In many of my YouTube videos, theses are what I am using. I also used H&N Baracuda Hunter Extremes quite a bit and the gun liked those just the same. I tried all models of JSBs because I really wanted to like them but the gun just would not shoot them well until...

A few days ago, I decided to remove the QE shroud from the AT44 and mount a screw on LDC. I took it out back and tested the H&Ns which it still loves and shot some pretty good groups with them. I also decided to play around with the 18.13gr JSBs again which it did not like before and surely enough, hole in hole at 25 yards!!!! I have now switched over to them exclusively.

It seems that the QE Shroud was somehow effecting the accuracy of the JSB pellets.

Hope this helps.

JSB all the way. I have the AT 44 Tactical In .177 and it shoots hole in hole using the JSB pellets. The best test is to remove your shroud and try. Sometimes the harmonics of the shroud causes stability problems. Pick the JSB And try a few rounds without the shroud. If it's giving you good groups at 50-70 yards, it means your QE shroud has a problem. In that case, reach out to Neil on this forum and he will send you a LDC designed specifically for the hatsan AT44. 

"enkey"My Hatsan like H&N crow magnum. But 50 yards it's much to At44
Enkey,

I have been wanting to try Crow Magnums because of the tremendous amount of energy they deliver from 20-50 yards. However I have read that they are not very accurate past 50 yards. I regularly take ground squirrels out past 50 yards with Baracuda Power 21.14gr H&Ns using my AT. Very powerful rifle. Give them a try.

"enkey"Hi hunterone
Every airgun have his favorite pellet. The what is good for one At44 is not good for other At44.
Hello Enkey,

You are absolutely correct but to say that 50 yards is too much for the AT44 is not the case. I have personally made head shots on ground squirrels at 75+ yards and have seen BWalton's AT44 .22 group less than 1 inch ctc at 100 yards in a shootout that we had :). The gun is fully capable of reaching out beyond 50. I only suggested that the pellet selection is usually the ingredient that makes this possible. My AT44 does not like JSBs but my friend's AT44 loves them. Just need to find the right combination. Please see below for a link to some of my long shots with the AT44-10 QE .22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfgOb7u5-kc

"enkey"Hello Hunterone

Good long shots Hunterone. For hunt 75 yards is good, but for high accuracy to 50 yards is a fair bit. Is an opinion based in my At44. it would also be interesante if Ridinlou's At44 is lothar walther barrels version
Thanks Enkey,

Very true. I can definitely say that it is best for hunting. I am just getting to know the BT65 .25. Should be a great rifle as well (hopefully). Happy shooting friend!