Pellet mold from African Air Ordinance

Anyone have any feedback or know of anything about the .30 diabolo pellet mold from African Air Ordinance? ( link below) I cannot fond anything anywhere. 

Despite that and the lead time I placed an order for a mold and optional insert. 60 gr in ..30 is a beast, for sure. Also looks like it has a slightly flattened nose . Really wonder what the pelletgauge shows too.

Nice looking .457 and big bore slug molds as well. Owner is super nice and quick to answer questions. 

http://www.africanairordnance.com/424820687/product/2114939/30-cal-jbs-king-diabolo-single-cavity-mold?catid=618414

Thanks for the link! Thats exactly what I was looking for! 
If they are as good as jsb’s ( albeit head size sorting prob needed with a pelletgague) then to me it is a good investment. I calculate that 15lbs of lead can yield approx 583 60 gr. pellets, unsorted. Approx .0772 cents per pellet at 45!dollars for certified pure lead ( rotomerals, not ebay) Does not include the initial Startup cost of a mold and insert (300) production pot ( 150), thermometer, (30), flux etc, while a typical tin of 150 is 20 bucks, or 13.3 cents per round. The ROI is pretty damm good. Casting takes some practice but looks easy enough to get the hang of. Biggest investment is time, IMO. 

The mold comes with sets of core pins. I use the deepest pin and they cast at 46gr. This tin has 200 in it. I have somewhere around 1800 of them sitting in tins on the ammo shelf, and probably another 200-400 in gun cases. Truly an endless supply with owning the mold and having lots of lead on hand to cast. I can produce 700-800 per hour with my casting setup using a 4 cavity mold. Cost per pellet is in the small single digit pennies.

They produce dead squirrels like you wouldn't believe !! Have no idea on the ballistics, They produce bullseyes with my Impact and Wildcat and will knock a squirrel into next week.

Weigh is +/- 0.5 grains. I sort to -46gr and +46gr. Temperature control on the melt and the mold are key to having consistent weights.

I use a Lyman Mag25 bottom pour furnace, an and a Lee 20lb furnace melting lead to go into the Mag25 so I do not drop the temp on it when recharging the pot.

Temp 850 until the mold gets real hot then back the temp down to 825. I do use a hot plate to preheat the mold too.

For flux I use https://www.frankfordarsenal.com/cleancast-lead-flux---1-lb/441888.html

edit: INCORRECT MATH. I calculated for 5lbs not 15....

Thanks for the info! Now you really have me anxious to start!!!

I have a Lee Production IV pot on the way. All the reviews and recommendations pointed me to that one as a good starter pot with bottom pour.

One thing I wonder is how to preheat the mold and is the lead temp enough to keep the mold hot? Is resting it on the top lip enough? I would assume so if you are casting without many breaks. 

digital or analog thermometer? I am leaning towards analog. 

Thanks again, no doubt I will have many questions once I get started!

The pot is a good place to start. For preheating the mold, you can lay it across the top of the pot as it is heating up it will heat the mold. Just give it 20-30 minutes once the lead is liquid to finish getting the lead completely up to temp along with the mold.

An analog thermometer would be fine.

Once casting, if you keep a good cadence the mold stays hot from use. If you want to put more heat in the mold, pour a little bigger puddle on the sprue plate, Basic heat transfer happening.

forgive me, I am a newbie here... but where can I get info on how to cast for future use and I am looking at PCP , have 2 break barrel .22 right now. As a long time , do it yourselfer, self sufficiency oriented...seems like it may be useful...Where can I start to learn how too, and what guns can it be used for? Before I buy the next one, how can I tell if they could use 'homecast' ones in the future... I am looking at .25 or .30 calibers for the next one. And I want a repeater this time. Also may get something later for small deer...(they live all over my property, and frankly are pests for my pastures and gardens, and I like deer meat...

Thanks for the link! Thats exactly what I was looking for! 
If they are as good as jsb’s ( albeit head size sorting prob needed with a pelletgague) then to me it is a good investment. I calculate that 15lbs of lead can yield approx 583 60 gr. pellets, unsorted. Approx .0772 cents per pellet at 45!dollars for certified pure lead ( rotomerals, not ebay) Does not include the initial Startup cost of a mold and insert (300) production pot ( 150), thermometer, (30), flux etc, while a typical tin of 150 is 20 bucks, or 13.3 cents per round. The ROI is pretty damm good. Casting takes some practice but looks easy enough to get the hang of. Biggest investment is time, IMO.

I get 1750 pellets from 15 pounds of lead. 15 X 7000 (7000 grains/pound) = 105,000 grains divide that by 60 = 1,750