Pellet lubing?

Shoot44,

That's a real odd anomaly to me.

Usually, the accuracy will get better, or remain the same. I've very seldom heard that the accuracy falls off after lubing with Pledge.

As I've always said, every barrel is different, and one will not know, until one tries.

Chalk it up to a simple experiment that didn't work, but is easily reversed. 

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Fieldtargettech.com 

Shoot44,

Thanks for the kind words, it's what I love to do!!

As for the Pledge thing, I have to admit, I did not invent it, only refined the process.

Back in the day, rumor had it, that some of the better Field Target competitors used it....I came across an old post on another forum telling of the use of it way back when......around 20 years ago or so. I didn't hear of anyone using it in present day competition, so I decided that some of the pioneers of accuracy knew what they were doing back then. I decided to resurrect the use of it, and refine how it applied, as I found just spraying it on, filled the skirts with wax, thus changing the weight. I developed my method to prevent this from happening. 

Glad it's working out, as I mentioned before, it doesn't matter what Pledge it is, as long as it's the original formula, any flavor will do. I'll have to see if the new type will work, before this post, I didn't know it existed. 

Shoot straight 

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Fieldtargettech.com 

Shoot44,

Thanks for the kind words, it's what I love to do!!

As for the Pledge thing, I have to admit, I did not invent it, only refined the process.

Back in the day, rumor had it, that some of the better Field Target competitors used it....I came across an old post on another forum telling of the use of it way back when......around 20 years ago or so. I didn't hear of anyone using it in present day competition, so I decided that some of the pioneers of accuracy knew what they were doing back then. I decided to resurrect the use of it, and refine how it applied, as I found just spraying it on, filled the skirts with wax, thus changing the weight. I developed my method to prevent this from happening. 

Glad it's working out, as I mentioned before, it doesn't matter what Pledge it is, as long as it's the original formula, any flavor will do. I'll have to see if the new type will work, before this post, I didn't know it existed. 

Shoot straight 

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Fieldtargettech.com

Hi Tom

You know what are the chemical components that the product must have so that it performs its function as a correct lubricant for pellets because pledge lemon is not marketed in my country but I have found this product from SC JOHNSON and I wanted to know if it could be useful

pronto-de-sc-johnson-limpiamuebles-para-madera-con-aroma-limon-300-ml-pack-de-2-unidades.16083...jpg
Regards

Enkey 

Nation,

By no means am I a chemist, so I'll just leave this here.....

Lemon Pledge Ingredients, listed in this order on the spray can.....

Water, Isoparrafin, Dimethicone, Octyphosphonic Acid, Nitrogen, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitol Oleate, Polydimethylsiloxane, Aminomethyl propranol, Fragrance, Proprietary acrylamide thickening agent, Methylisothiazolinone.

SCJ Formula #35*16409

Sounds like something one would use for an IED.......

Too complicated......maybe just try pure lemon oil and call it a day.......

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Fieldtargettech.com 

I have always cleaned my slugs but I just never felt the need to clean and lube my pellets. Two things finally came together and I decided to try. Two of my guns that get shot quite often are very accurate but I feel the time between cleanings is too short. I even polished the one barrel but didn’t get too crazy because I didn’t want to chance changing what it likes. Recently I saw this topic for about the 100th time and I said what the heck. I did one tin for each of my guns and I mean all my guns. I didn’t have pledge but I did have Behold so I used it. So far I have tested the two guns of concern and one other. I cleaned them all first. They seem to shoot just fine. I will test my other guns soon. The only step I added to Toms is the one I use when doing my slugs. When my projectiles are in the strainer after rinsing, I blow dry them using my compressor and a blow nozzle. Automotive compressor that is. Hopefully the cleanings on my frequent shooters will be extended. Thanks for inspiring me even if it took 100 times to beat it through my thick head.