Pellet Lube?

What method do you guys use for applying the lemon pledge?

I have not tried lemon pledge, but I usually spray, or apply a few drops on the foam pad in the pellet tin. The first time I use it, I squeeze and roll the pad into a ball in my fingers, so the hole pad get some "moisture". I then fill the tin maybe half full, and the gently turn the tin upside down several times, so the pellets can roll around. It usually is enough with a few drops. Then I refill with more after each shooting session. Seldom has to reaply more lube, as the pad will last a very long time. Sometimes I take a extra pad from a empty pellet tin, so there is one on top, and bottom of the tin.

I Started using WD40 Specialized Dry Lube. It dries quickly and forms a uniform wax like coating. I have little to none fouling since I started using it.

Your product is a PTFE, branded by WD-40. The Sprayway I posted earlier is basically the same thing. I've been using it on my last tin, and it seems like it keeps the fouling down on the barrel. I have also been using this spray on my baffles in my .22LR suppressor and it works pretty well! Baffles stay cleaner for a longer period of time, and the cleaning process is easier too.

I have mixed feelings about lubing pellets. I have not noticed much difference if any at all when shooting lubed and non-lubed. I really have been doing it out of habit at this point. Here is the thing. The pellet fits snugly into the barrel as it makes its way down and to me this just strips any coating from the projectile. I guess that over time this might in a way coat the barrel, but does it really? There are a lot of different formulas that people use and swear buy, but who is to say that one is better then the other. Some lubes provide a thicker coating then others also. Wax for example would be likely to have a thicker coating then oil. Everyone seems to have what works best for them. I can honestly say that I have tried well over a dozen different lubes on pellets. Not one seemed to improve anything from what I could tell other then keeping my fingers clean in some cases. In the end there is no harm in trying for yourself.
nothing like commenting 3+ years later but here goes....lubricants are supposed to work almost on the molecular level...extremely thin coating...I have noticed between polishing the barrel and lubricated (very lightly) pellets with Whiscombe honey that when I do think I need to clean the barrel...the patches are barely grey when I pull them out...so I stop after the 2nd or 3rd patch

I’ve had several pellet lubes I’ve tried over the years with no real benefit, until I tried it with my FX barrels. It was noticeable watching my groups tighten. Some of you might say I’m crazy and from my past experience with lube I think I’m Crazy too. But I could see the difference. I’ve found that the best for me is 2 parts Hoppes lube 1 part STP.
I shoot a fx crown mark2 .25 caliber, with a 600mm barrel. Shooting slugs does seem to lead up the barrel more than pellets, probably due to increase surface area engaging the lands and grooves.
When my accuracy starts diminishing, it's time to clean the barrel. I use Ballistol with great success.

This is the product I'm talking about:

71o6mro2j5L._AC_SY879_[1].jpg

About this item​

• Krytox sheds dirt and mud while remaining attached to the metal surfaces, so it cleans as it lubes
  • Krytox is attracted to metal and will actually bond to friction surfaces - providing unmatched, long-lasting lubrication
  • Krytox doesn't easily wash off, so additional applications actually build up the bonded layer of Krytox

Reactions: bigHUN and Mr.H
Krytox is used in many forms and viscosity, and for many reasons. If it was mixed with a very viscous pure silicone oil I'd squirt it in my pellet tins for lubing prior to loading. I use SuperLube Pure Silicone Oil on my ammo, rolled around in a pellet tin with oiled foam on the bottom and loaded "wet". It makes fps and accuracy more consistent, and the barrel's do not need cleaning.

I noticed a gain of about 10 Ft/s when I use Napier Power Lube in all my Kalibrgun rifles ; as my pellets are always resized I don't know which factor , lubing or resizing makes them go faster, probably both.
For the Fx Smooth Twist barrels , I've been told many times that lubricating was not good for accuracy . Right or wrong , I don't know, so I shoot them dry in my FX at this moment .. Some day I'll have a try with lubricant , just to see the difference. I'm going to try Pledge also .