• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pellet Lube, difference?

I lube my pellets with Beeswax Furniture polish and have had respectable results, just for giggles I thought I'd lube up 5 with Tri-Flow and see if my speed increased or decreased. Gun used was a Maverick .25 with a 600mm barrel..Pellets JSB 33.95 890 fps. I fired a few rounds to settle in the gun, then the 5 with beeswax, 890fps, then the 5 with the Tri-Flow, result....890fps. No deviation in accuracy was noted, range was 25 yard, rested

I wash and lube with a 3 letter government agency fluid (typeF).

I use to make up my own version of wiskcomb honey the went to that more lazy / easier blend as i got older , but i dont skimp on the wash process i do.

Regardless what i lube with it still a tumble in a slightly damp rag of lube and shoeshine tumble just enugh to give the head and skirt lube without a risk of getting any inside the skirt cavity.. that part is important ( to me anyway)

I wash and lube with a 3 letter government agency fluid (typeF).

I use to make up my own version of wiskcomb honey the went to that more lazy / easier blend as i got older , but i dont skimp on the wash process i do.

Regardless what i lube with it still a tumble in a slightly damp rag of lube and shoeshine tumble just enugh to give the head and skirt lube without a risk of getting any inside the skirt cavity.. that part is important ( to me anyway)
That's pretty much all I do, using a microfiber cloth. Addendum: I do use a little ultrasonic cleaner with alcohol when i want to make sure they are really clean, when I was messing around with slugs, it was necessary to get them cleaner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hateful McNasty
I haven't done a real test but I was using lemon Pledge and changed to Beeswax. I didn't see any difference in accuracy but I believe that the beeswax leaves more back residue in the barrel than the Pledge.
I to use the bees wax, used it for over 25 years. The excess in the barrel makes it much easier to clean in my opinion. A patch dampened with Beeswax pulled thru strips it all out with ease. On my guns, I get much better accuracy and protection from corrosion from the beeswax. I have a couple boxes of the old CP lites treated with beeswax that still look like new, and yes they shoot extremely well still !!

Reactions: drpietrzak