• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pellet lot testing in the Revere

Got some JSB 10.34 tins in a new lot last week, & cracked one open tonight to see how it did compared to the two I'd been shooting from the Huntsman Revere. Bench groups with the other two had run from 0.45" to 0.72" at 50 meters/55 yards. No flies on that, so just hoping that the new ones would be as good.

Did one 5 shot group from each of the older lots for a sanity check, both were ~0.65".

First group from the new lot was a good one, in line with the better groups from the older lots:

1597030740_15458234335f30c154aff6b3.08260728.jpg

Second group was the best the Revere had produced from the bench, despite the shooter having a brain cramp & putting 7 pellets into it instead of 5:

1597030800_18869162635f30c19041fb70.78725202.jpg

Back to five shots for the third group... good gravy:

1597030903_18150854175f30c1f7795ba3.02337254.jpg

Ding ding ding, we got a winner! Pretty sure you could lay those targets on top of each other & still be under 1/2" center to center in any direction. Even better, have another 11 unopened tins of this lot. And I'm calling in the morning to see if I can get any more!!

The point of this post (don't laugh, there is one), don't be like me. I got lucky, ordered 12 tins & they were all the same lot- a really, really good lot. Next time, will try to get a tin from several lots, then bulk buy the one that does best.

I can't recall the last time I ever shot at a target. This weekend I was finally able to take some shots with the Revere (now that my air situation has been squared away). I am actually surprised I was able to hit anything...... and I was. I have no bench setup... and only a tiny bag to rest my gun on. After a little fiddling with the scope I was actually able to hit some targets at 58 yards including being able to hit some thin cans at that distance in a single shot... although the can didn't stay there.

You guys will think that's lame, but I was happy 😂.

I work from home, so I can now plink whenever I want.... in fact, I took a few shots after lunch today.

Well, I'm certainly not doing the 1/2" groupings at 55 yards like you guys are. I just get excited when I actually hit my 1" splatter target on the first try from my designated shooting distance of roughly 58 yards.... and even that doesn't happen as planned all of the time. I just figured you guys wouldn't be impressed.

My neighbor has one of those gun rest thingies. Said he doesn't use it and he would give it to me if I wanted. Would be interesting to see what the rifle could do if you remove my unsteady hand from the equation.

I would like to take a crack at 75 or 80 yards, but while I have enough space here its all wooded it would take quite the effort do clear a lane that long.