• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

pellet hitting end cap on barrel

I have an Air Arms S510 and I see where the pellets are scuffing the inside of my endcap that covers barrel end.. which probably answers the question I have had about "flyers" and accuracy issues.. I'm wondering if I should just drill it out some or what.. I hate the thought of shipping it Out. wondering if its bent inside slightly or what.. Maybe write the Air Arms company?.. i dunno but im not happy..

Yes Peter is on the right track. Loosen the two set screws that hold the barrel band in place. If it got bumped and pushed off center it will realign itself. Make sure to tighten the screws evenly and dont twist the barrel band while you tighten the screws. If its not pushed off center then check the o-rings and make sure they are there and not damaged. Theres an o-ring in both circles of the barrel band.

EAGLEFN66,
You may still have pellet clipping if a moderator is ever attached. There is a barrel tube support inside the shroud that has two o-rings. If one or both o-rings are bad, the barrel will not stay centered in the shroud. I had to replace the ones on my rifle. Shroud removal is necessary for access. Using light heat at the base of the shroud will aid with the removal.