• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Pellet Gage

"billydjann"I have both the .177 and .22
It is a pain to sort pellets..... but I find the gages work well and you will be glad you purchased them..
I don't bother to sort my JSB pellets anymore.... no need...
But other brands (not all ) will surprise you how many different head sizes you get in a tin...
I found this, JSB's seem to be pretty darn consistent so I don't bother with them any more, if my gun is shooting off then i may check a random selection and see if its the pellets, me or the gun.

Like I said in my review, it improved my shooting greatly.. in the sense that I stopped blaming everything else and started blaming myself and practised with more thought behind what i am doing

Ok I have mine now. Just assembled it and tested 65 pellets. JSB .25 cal 25.39 gr.
Results: 6.36 mm- 12
6.37 mm- 49
6.38 mm- 4

Looks to be very well made. The SS gauge plate is very thin. If you rotate the pellet around as you are trying to see if it fits in a particular hole you can often find a spot (a narrow spot in the pellet head) where it will fit through sideways. This is not what you want. Its best to try to get it to drop straight through only. I think if the metal was thicker say 1/6" (1 mm) that would not happen. But it would be harder to manufacture I'm sure. Anyway I like it so far. I think it will be a good tool to have on hand for trouble shooting accuracy issues, much like having a chronograph. As well as for trying to maximize accuracy for bench rest shooting.

I have had a .22 Pellet Gage for several months. It is a very good tool. However, a previous post regarding JSB pellets not needing sizing, should be re thought. I have an Air Arms S510 FAC. It's preference has been the JSB 15.89, 5.52 head diameter pellet. I have been purchasing my pellets from Pyramyd Air, 4 at a time. When I first started sizing, the 500 pellet tins averaged 400 pellets @ 5.52 and the remainder 5.51, with a few, 5.53. The last batch of pellets, did not have a single 5.52 or 5.51 pellet! I sized 400+ @ 5.54, the remainder at 5.53, and a few 5.55. I have sized 3 tins to date and all have about the same percentages. I have switched to the 5.54 head size, and by tweaking my power setting a bit higher, I am getting acceptable accuracy at 25 meters. I mentioned this in a review to Pyramyd Air, with no response. All the tins are labeled on the bottom "5.52".