FX Pellet Flight

This is a good question being that FX has so many adjustments is it better to have a pellet being pushed by more air or less air ? The FPS will be the same since you can adjust the regulator and the hammer. More on reg less on hammer and vise versa will give you the same speed .
Your question is somewhat vague
Every pellet has an optimal speed for an optimal trajectory path and related accuracy… the goal is to reach the ideal speed without wasting air. Sometimes the speed is reduced intentionally to minimize hazards to property and reduce noise while still achieving the goal of hitting what you are aiming at. Less noise = less air. More shots = less air. Shorter flight path = less air. Finding the balance between hammer strike, weight and or dwell time or a regulator’s discharge pressure is what tuners do. Balance!

Your question is somewhat vague
Every pellet has an optimal speed for an optimal trajectory path and related accuracy… the goal is to reach the ideal speed without wasting air. Sometimes the speed is reduced intentionally to minimize hazards to property and reduce noise while still achieving the goal of hitting what you are aiming at
The FPS will be the same will wasting the air make the pellet less stable or make the pellet more stable? Or will it actually do nothing to alter the pellets path?

This is a good question being that FX has so many adjustments is it better to have a pellet being pushed by more air or less air ? The FPS will be the same since you can adjust the regulator and the hammer. More on reg less on hammer and vise versa will give you the same speed .
It's the Goldilocks method of tuning, Too Hot, Too Cold and just right. AS DB said just a smidge under max speed for a particular pellet. You don't give any information on your gun and pellets, so we're pretty much shooting the breeze here, NPI, until we get more data. With that we can pretty much save you weeks and lots of money. We've all been there and done that.

It's the Goldilocks method of tuning, Too Hot, Too Cold and just right. AS DB said just a smidge under max speed for a particular pellet. You don't give any information on your gun and pellets, so we're pretty much shooting the breeze here, NPI, until we get more data. With that we can pretty much save you weeks and lots of money. We've all been there and done that.
It is a 177 Crown MK II about a year and half old with a 500mm barrel shooting at between 865 and 875 FPS. I have done a good bit of work on the barrel polished it then glued a carbon fiber sleeve onto the liner and new bushings between the sleeve and the shroud the corrected size. Rebuilt the AMP regulator a couple of weeks ago and polished the spring washers and changed all of the Orings. Last but not least I indexed the barrel, and it shoots the same hole at 35 yards if I cooperate. Still experimenting with pellets shoot 10.3 FX / JSB /Air Arms the same. and I have plenty of time I am retired. Just turned the reg to 90 and cleaned the barrel it was filthy, and we will see what tomorrow brings. Really wasn't sure if wasting air would affect the pellet while in the barrel traveling just trying to see if the occasional flyer was because of air pressure being too high or too low and affecting pellet dynamics.

More pressure, less volume. Cross wind can play a big role. I largely shoot in nearly windless environments so, I crank my velocity up. But still within the efficiency range for my guns. Namely a mk1 Crown, 960fps with .22 16gr pellets. thru 380mm barrel. With polygonal or smooth rifling barrels, pellets stay stable at rather high velocities, but drift can be exacerbated by cross winds at higher speeds. Generally 880fps is considered a sweet spot for drift and cross-winds.

Reactions: Dairyboy
.... More on reg less on hammer and vise versa will give you the same speed .
I am seeing a lot of answers, but no one actually answered you specifically for the above...
Yes, you can get the same speed going either process, but the results would be much different at the muzzle.
With a higher Reg and matching hammer hit energy (hammer spring and hammer weight balance) you will get a smaller air blast at the muzzle that can unbalance the pellet skirt. Going from there tighten the Valve spring monitoring the speed, take away maybe 10-15-20 fps from the Max and that will shorten the air blast inside barrel hopefully before reaches the muzzle.
Internal + external airstripper will help you greatly.
Sorry I don't know your gun dictionary I have the .25 Impact MK2 also couple .22 liners as well but no .177, and this shall give you some picture.
To fully tune your gun - or just any gun - sometimes a tin of pellet is just not enough. You change the pellet weight you retune, you change the caliber you retune.
Take a (paper) notebook and a pencil and document all your steps. Always change only one thing at a time and write it down. When you got couple pages of data, grab a beer and start tinkering.
You will see a first.... smaller calibers need more air and higher pressures, you can start from there. Then change to higher caliber and examine with that given Reg you will turn the Hammer Spring Tensioning Wheel to lower numbers to eliminate the high burst.
Yes, it is possible...