Pellet containers

For a long time I've been content to use the original pellet tins as my "active" container.

During COVID, AOA included a pretty sweet screw top container in their swag package for the "EBR 9.5" lockdown edition. At one point there was a company called "PELLCAN" making something similar. That container opened my eyes to the possibility of using something other than the pellet manufacturers tins.

Since I stumbled upon the .20/18.9 from NSA last summer I've been using that machined EBR container to hold the slugs. I've got a tri-tune kinda thing going with the BRK Ghost and shoot three different projectiles from it. So when my wife asked for Christmas stocking suggestions for that fun tradition (I've still got young children) I started looking around online for nice pellet container to use for the third projectile used in the tri-tune.

And this is what I decided on....Keenso Pill Box, Waterproof Pill Container Sealed Box Copper Pill Container for Pocket Round Pill Box Dustproof Waterproof Moisture-pro Dry (L) https://a.co/d/fE5xl4d

The three projectiles of the tri-tune shown here for size comparison.

Diameter...
PXL_20240123_112900675.jpg

Height....
PXL_20240123_112914179~2.jpg

And inside....
PXL_20240123_112828368.jpg

It's brass and it's heavy, even when empty. It'll hold more than half of a tin of .20/15.89s. I'd recommend it more for target shooting than hunting, but so far I've been happy with it for my typical type of shooting. And it's been easier to grab the right container the first time, now that there are three distinctly different ones.

Last edited:
Glad you found a good solution for you, but as nice as those are, I have too many containers of pellets in use that I use a more economical option. So economical in fact that I get them for free.

I use old pill bottles. They come in various sizes and colors (cap and bottle) so you can organize them by caliber or weights if you like. I use a little piece of paper inside (that you can read from the outside) that shows what the pellet is and I keep a tally/record of when I shoot any. The lid locks on so no popping open to spill pellets all over the place and they fit in my gun case pockets really well.

That brass sure looks sweet though!

I love my pellcan. Sadly, they are no longer made. I have had these for years. I did need to replace the o rings on the outside of the can, used for grip to open. The coin in the middle has .22 on one side and .25 on the other. I also use the foam from the large tins inside the cans. Put a little lube on the foam keeps everything slick.
Mike

IMG_0072.jpeg

I use these. The foam from the smaller tins fit perfectly and they are much easier to screw open and closed that the original pellet tins and don't arbitrarily open like the press to close tins!

Plus, they are cheap at just $4.99 for 3 of them!
I’ve been using those for two years when I go hunting. No worry of it accidently opening in my pocket or pack.

Reactions: GunshipGuy