• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Pellet consistency

I agree that the shooter is the normal issue when the shooter is me, at least. I've measured weight on 177, 22, and 25 caliber pellets mostly H&N and JSB. I've also measured head size on 177s. I was surprised how much weight variation is in JSBs, I've mostly measured them in 25 caliber. FX, made by JSB, were more consistent and closer to their stated weight. But the JSB 34s shoot the best from my P35-25. Head size and weight variation were the best on H&N Baracuda Match but they are not offered in 25. At short range, I will probably sort some more but I am not sure it really makes enough difference to be worthwhile. I suspect it makes more difference at 50-100 yards. The one 200 I've shot on the 30 yard challenge was with H&N Baracuda match straight from the tin, no sorting, and shot out of a magazine. But it wasn't with SPA magazines, I think Carm magazines are a little gentler to pellets.

I also see less "fliers" from my more accurate airgun. Fliers seem to some degree due to a less than perfect tune or shooter or pellet. Hard to say for each flier what the cause was. But the fact that I get less with my best gun suggests it at least is not always me.

Reactions: Dewy