• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

PELLET CASTING

This is a DIY Pellet casting question.
I'm from Arkansas,Ive just moved to California. I am less than pleased with the gun laws here and the harassment of the anti-gun rules/laws.(fortunately My stay will only be a few years)
​ Also ammo prices everywhere are ridiculous, and places to shoot are limited.
​For the above reasons I have purchased a Benji bulldog and the long moderator. I am not a fan of ONLY shooting paper, nothing against those that do...to each there own, but I'm a big fan of seeing stuff I shoot blow up or topple over,and hunting, my daisy Red Rider can put a hole in paper.
​So every place I go to .356 pellets are not cheap! Lets analyze a pellet for giggles...Lead poured into a properly treated mold, no brass,no resizing of said brass, no powder,no primer,no bullet lube, no case lube. But yet these pellets are close to the price of fully loaded firearm ammo! This should not be the case, pellets should be at tops 1/8 the price of cartage ammo.

​I visit Air Gun forums to find folks talking about "making" pellets... nothing, all I see is what pellet is best in my gun, or mods...etc..
I don't get it.
​This should be a Important topic ...sticking it to the man.
​So for those of you that work hard for your money and are not independently wealthy...What's a good multi bullet cast for .356 pellets.

Yes I know the gun is .357 but the barrel mics at .356.
Any thoughts or advise?

Thank you for the help GBGUNNER,
​I appreciate the help, sorry I sounded a little flustered, I should not post right after pricing air gun ammo in the internet.
​I reload my own fire arm ammo due to the fire arm ammunition gouging that has been taking place.
I did not expect the same in the non cartage ammo world.
​I found the sizing issue you spoke of to be true, so it looks like I will be purchasing a sizing die.
​I did find that some bullet manufacturers are making cast non lubed bullets for a little cheaper than most air gun ammo stores.

Thank you again for your time and help.
​Dave

Splicerx, sounds like a plan, I look forward into seeing your results! Thank you!
The Lee molds is probably the way I will go and then swag them at the dia that my gun likes.
​Also gonna get some 35 cal ball, 10 cavity mold, it will have double duty as triple ball loads for the 410 Judge!
Some folks swear by balls for all purpose shooting with the Bulldog.

​Thank you 
Dave