• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A PCP with your favorite shot cycle? and why you think that is?

Having shot an enormous number of different airguns, mostly I notice the harshness or smoothness which includes the sounds. Now none of them at real high power are all that great to me... including the Vet. Running my 22 at 20 or 50 ft lb results in significantly different feel. At 20 ft lb, I'm ALWAYS surprised by the quietness and smoothness. At 50 ft lb... not so much.
There are three 20 ft lb rifles that stand out to me from memory:
1 .. Sharp Ace Target- ABSOLUTELY no vibration or mechanical sounds... only a fairly significant pop.
2 .. Zazadny modified Daystate CR94.. had one of his super suppressors, very light hammer on plastic glides... when shot, trigger click and pellet hitting target.
3 .. Steyr LG100 .. very quick shot cycle and NO vibration.

Now I'm sure there are lots with pleasant cycles.. my Red Wolf is a standout as well as the AA RN10 series that have light hammers... includes the ProTarget and EV series... but STILL, every time I shoot the Vet, there's just something about it that's very different and pleasant.

There have been many nice rifles mixed in there over the years but they didn't stand out so I may not be able to remember. Definitely the Crown, Impact, Ghost, and Delta Wolf are out of the running for me... too much ker-clanking going on.. same for RAW... it's probably a heavier hammer or excess tolerance thing.

Bob

Having shot an enormous number of different airguns, mostly I notice the harshness or smoothness which includes the sounds. Now none of them at real high power are all that great to me... including the Vet. Running my 22 at 20 or 50 ft lb results in significantly different feel. At 20 ft lb, I'm ALWAYS surprised by the quietness and smoothness. At 50 ft lb... not so much.
There are three 20 ft lb rifles that stand out to me from memory:
1 .. Sharp Ace Target- ABSOLUTELY no vibration or mechanical sounds... only a fairly significant pop.
2 .. Zazadny modified Daystate CR94.. had one of his super suppressors, very light hammer on plastic glides... when shot, trigger click and pellet hitting target.
3 .. Steyr LG100 .. very quick shot cycle and NO vibration.

Now I'm sure there are lots with pleasant cycles.. my Red Wolf is a standout as well as the AA RN10 series that have light hammers... includes the ProTarget and EV series... but STILL, every time I shoot the Vet, there's just something about it that's very different and pleasant.

There have been many nice rifles mixed in there over the years but they didn't stand out so I may not be able to remember. Definitely the Crown, Impact, Ghost, and Delta Wolf are out of the running for me... too much ker-clanking going on.. same for RAW... it's probably a heavier hammer or excess tolerance thing.

Bob
You are right about the Steyr. I had one of the current generation single-shot FT style match rifles (forget the model), and it is an amazing rifle. It might have the best trigger I've used, and yes, no vibration.

All three of my PCP airguns have been adjusted for similar trigger feel. They have a nice clean, predictable break. All feel sedate in hand when shot.
The sounds are the biggest difference. The 1701P is the loudest, sporting the shortest barrel. The Marauder is virtually silent, save the ping (which I've simply grown used to). My DreamTac, with a moderator attached, is by far the quietest. There's a bit of hammer/valvepin noise, the sound of impact, then the quiet whisper of the reg for a moment after the shot. I find it to be the nicest shot cycle in my own accumulation of airguns (all in .177 cal)..