PCP vs Rimfire

I shoot one of my pcp’s almost everyday. Even if it’s taking my 8 year old out on the deck to run a mag through the prod after dinner. I clean and lube them once a year, unless accuracy falls off. I was taught and would never put one of my powder burners back in the safe after shooting it without a good cleaning. Advantage pcp for being able to shoot everyday without worrying about cleaning it afterwards.

Being a big motorcycle guy for many years, there’s a saying that I felt was so true. “It’s more fun to ride a slow motorcycle fast than a fast motorcycle slow.” All too often I would jump on my 250 for a ride to work while the 1300 sat parked in the garage. Winding it through all 6 gears with the throttle wide open was so satisfying. I get a similar feeling stacking .177, 10 grain pellets at 50 yards with my HW100 while the .22 rim fires sit in the safe.

Being a big motorcycle guy for many years, there’s a saying that I felt was so true. “It’s more fun to ride a slow motorcycle fast than a fast motorcycle slow.” All too often I would jump on my 250 for a ride to work while the 1300 sat parked in the garage. Winding it through all 6 gears with the throttle wide open was so satisfying. I get a similar feeling stacking .177, 10 grain pellets at 50 yards with my HW100 while the .22 rim fires sit in the safe.

😂 I know what you mean I used to do the same! But lets face it airguns remind us as being a kid since being an adult sucks!

Love them both really. Around the dairy and house .22 PCPs. In our fields shooting squirrels especially when it's at all windy .22lr all the way. My Tikka T1X is a laser with SK Standard+ ammo which I bought for 5.65 a box. 10 shot groups sub MOA at 85yds is the farthest I shot it on paper. No PCP I've had can do that consistently. Also have a M&P 15-22 which is a blast and just bought a Ruger Wrangler. Here in WA though airguns can only be used on unclassified animals. Rabbits are a no go with airguns which we have a problem area with rabbits so need a rimfire for that also. 

Having many powder rifles and just getting into PCP I thought about the same. For me, being able to shoot in the backyard is pretty much the only real reason. I have a highly customized Tactical Solutions 10/22 with a Kidd trigger along with a customized CZ 455 cut down to 16" and threaded.....and I have a suppressor for both....when shooting subsonic .22 they are quieter than most airguns. With that said, I feel more comfortable shooting the air guns in the yard as opposed to a powder burner. 

Also, for me, I just like all guns. So when I learned about high end PCP, I was all in, even if it makes no sense in some cases given the powder burners I have.