• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning PCP twang suddenly

Did you have a moderator on the barrel during the shot? If so make sure nothing is caught in there. I would always remove moderator if using felt pellets. Next I would suspect that your breech o ring may have been displaced. That would be an easy fix; especially if it is still in there and just displaced a bit. You will have to open it up and inspect the oring. I have displaced o rings before by firing accidentally with the bolt open. It happens eventually if you shoot long enough. Hope you get it fixed quickly and inexpensively. 
Kenny

Guys thank you for the replies. I figured it out. It just so happened that when I loaded the cleaning pellet into the barrel, my air tank had gotten below regulator pressure on that EXACT SHOT. I attributed the twanginess of the following dry fires to the cleaning pellet, when it had nothing to do with anything. It makes sense that the lower power wasn’t doing the twanging but the higher power was. Checked the air gauge and realized I was at like 130 bar. Refilled and no more twang. It’s like when you’re trying to figure out why an electronic appliance won’t turn on and you finally realize it’s not plugged in!