PCP slug vs Rimfire - are we there yet?

A thought I have had for awhile. When a cartridge goes off a lead bullet obdurates to the bore because pressure is immediate. And I wonder if that makes them steer better (may be a bad description) Air guns do not have that kind of pressure. The lead normally isn't as oversized to begin with and does it ever obturate. Maybe pellet skirts do? Just thinking out loud and that theory may be wrong.

A thought I have had for awhile. When a cartridge goes off a lead bullet obdurates to the bore because pressure is immediate. And I wonder if that makes them steer better (may be a bad description) Air guns do not have that kind of pressure. The lead normally isn't as oversized to begin with and does it ever obturate. Maybe pellet skirts do? Just thinking out loud and that theory may be wrong.
You are on the right track. 2000-3000 psi for a pellet gun vs 11,000 for rimfire. Pellets do have that skirt that helps seal it.

.25 fx impact mk 11 using ZAN 33gr slugs at 110-115 yards will match any .22 rimfire at that range and probably beat it as well

A975DAED-57B7-49A1-A651-7E71000C08D7.jpeg

7319BFAE-80E0-4338-9A1D-8924EC48C6C2.jpeg