• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

PCP slug airgun

I'm thinking I need/want a dedicated PCP slug air gun not sure which one to get. I don't think a I can really run or want to run slugs through what I already have (Sniper HP .22, FX Impact M3/compact .25, Wolverine HP .25, Concept HP .177, HW 110 .177). Caliber wise I'm thinking .25 and its intended use would be: field/varmint 75%, target 25%. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I may be on the "One In-One Out" phase, lol.

Panthera + Altaros slugs. Geez, I’m like a broken record! Check posts from Centercut.
^^^^ Ditto^^^^
I recently bought the Panthera in 25 with the 600mm barrel. While the Altaros slugs are by all accounts the Shiznit for targets, I am a hunter and pester. They hold no special edge in my pursuits.
The Panthera has proved very versatile. It really likes H&N 38 gr Heavy slugs so I tried some Zan 33 gr to see if I could up the shot count. When I burn through the Zan 33’s I will go back to a 38 or heavier slug. The wind drift reduction and carry up are worth a slightly lower shot count. BTW the gun shoots the Zan 33’s very well too.

I have a Panthera 700mm shooting the Zan 33.5 grain slugs at 1060. One of the big shiny blackbirds made the mistake of sitting down about two yards in front of my 86 yard target Sunday. I dialed the Sightron turret to adjust the POI to an anticipated 84 yards and when the trigger broke the bird disintegrated into a cloud of black features.

I love all of the airguns in my collection as each have their own story, place, and or purpose but the Panthera is definitely in a place of its own. Deadly accurate, consistent, and powerful enough to accomplish any task a skilled airgunner might wish to accomplish.

DZ