PCP rifle recommendation under 36"

I am thinking about getting a PCP air rifle in 22 caliber (unless I should go bigger?) this year once out backyard fence goes up. Can anyone recommend a PCP pellet rifle under 35.75" (to fit in my safe) overall length? I'd like it to be quiet as well so the barrel needs to be threaded.

I had in mind to get a benjamin marauder but that's far too long in length. The furthest distance in my back yard is around 90-100 feet. I'd like it to be capable of 1" groups or less at that range if I do my part. Ill say I don't have a budget but as my first PCP, I don't want to spend too much because I don't know how much I'll shoot. If I have to spend more for quality and the ability to get parts and better customer service, that's fine. I don't think I need a FX $1500 rifle.

I don't believe any youtube recommendations much since imo a lot are paid for advertising.

This will be for back yard plinking and small game. Rabbits/raccoons are the biggest animals.

I plan to use a hand pump at first but from what I read here, that gets old quick. If I somehow start shooting a lot, I'll do an electronic pump. I do not mind buying the rifle or optic used but I'm not ready to purchase right now.

Feel free to be honest and tell me things I don't want to hear. Thoughts.....?
Ataman Bp17, short(23") accurate, close to 30fpe in .22 cal from a small package and a small air tube that is hand pump friendly(100cc) of coarse mine is longer than stock I added a moderator because it has a bark in stock configuration

IMG_3540.jpeg

Last edited:
I will recommend my favorite PCP, the SPA P35. I have a 177, 22, and 25. Either of the larger calibers should meet the need you described for less than $500. The Stoeger bullshark is almost exactly the same gun. I added over an inch to my length of pull and they are still just over 30 inches. That also includes pushing the shroud forward about 1.5 inches so I can insert a 120mm printed moderator. They are about 85db with these inexpensive moderators. I'll include a picture of my P35-22 in it's home made cherry stock with a raccoon it killed last week. About 7 3/4 lbs - so a small one. It is tuned to about 32 fpe. My 25 came tuned to about 40 fpe and is in my opinion a better choice for raccoons. My 177 and 22 are very accurate, my 25 less so. But the 25 has killed the most squirrels so far, 18. They also weigh just over 5 lbs before you add a scope. They are regulated. Fill pressure is 250 bar so they could be hand pumped but it will take quite a few pumps.

raccoon 1.jpg

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92
I will recommend my favorite PCP, the SPA P35. I have a 177, 22, and 25. Either of the larger calibers should meet the need you described for less than $500. The Stoeger bullshark is almost exactly the same gun. I added over an inch to my length of pull and they are still just over 30 inches. That also includes pushing the shroud forward about 1.5 inches so I can insert a 120mm printed moderator. They are about 85db with these inexpensive moderators. I'll include a picture of my P35-22 in it's home made cherry stock with a raccoon it killed last week. About 7 3/4 lbs - so a small one. It is tuned to about 32 fpe. My 25 came tuned to about 40 fpe and is in my opinion a better choice for raccoons. My 177 and 22 are very accurate, my 25 less so. But the 25 has killed the most squirrels so far, 18. They also weigh just over 5 lbs before you add a scope. They are regulated. Fill pressure is 250 bar so they could be hand pumped but it will take quite a few pumps.

View attachment 363718
Always wanted to try out a snowpeak/Artemis but never did, heard they perform good for the money