PCP Recommendations -Specific need

New here. Long time shooter/hunter but new to PCPs. Looking for something that both my 10year old son and I can shoot.

Please help me with some options that fit these requirements....

Under 7.5lbs 

Adjustable LOP

Ambidextrous

Regulated

Power for small game (22 or 25 cal?) such as rabbits or iguanas

<$2000

Two experiences that might be helpful and at least one more option to consider ...

Brocock Concept XR. My 8 year old son and I shared one for a couple field target matches last summer. The adjustable lop was perfect. Could extend it for me and reduce it for him. On every lane that adjustable stock went back and forth to fit us. And the weight will be under your 7.5lbs. And it's regulated. Shot some pdogs and pest rabbits with it and it was bad medicine on them.

Taipan Veteran Short. Does NOT have an adjustable LOP, nor will it weigh less than 7.5lbs once you scope it ......BUT, many don't realize that the VET Short has a shorter than standard lop. Again with my 8 year old son, he shoots it for summer ft matches and can get lined up behind it without any troubles bc of that shorter lop. It's also long enough that it works for me too, (5'10"). Also regulated and the cocking lever can be swapped to make it ambidextrous.

The Concept XR checks all of YOUR boxes but by going with a Veteran over a Concept but you'd gain in some other areas, specifically a much better trigger and magazine system and shorter OAL. 

(Actually I can't remember if the Concept XR allows for swapping the cocking lever so it may not check the ambidextrous box). 

What I’m about to say is probably gonna be an outrage here but I’ll say it anyway…Get two Artemis P15’s from Krale if they’re in stock,2 scopes,and a compressor;and you’ll still have some change left to buy and test pellets with,hell probably a chronograph too!

Just my 2 cents. Also take a skim through the tuning and repair section to learn what you DONT want to be doing.

sorry…not ambidextrous though and not sure if can be flipped…but worth a look 

Why a PCP? For the price of one PCP, you could get two excellent springers. A HW30 for your son and a HW50 or HW95 for you. I have both PCP's and springers. I would recommend starting with springers and then upgrade to a PCP later. Krale.shop has these models in stock and they arrive in less than a week. Out of the box with open sights tin cans do not stand a chance against any Weihrauch rifle.

Why a PCP? For the price of one PCP, you could get two excellent springers. A HW30 for your son and a HW50 or HW95 for you. I have both PCP's and springers. I would recommend starting with springers and then upgrade to a PCP later. Krale.shop has these models in stock and they arrive in less than a week. Out of the box with open sights tin cans do not stand a chance against any Weihrauch rifle.

Why an electric, hybrid or gasoline car if you could buy for the price many dunkeys, horses and even a horse or ox cart? 

You have created quite a challenge in your wish list. Those features are going to be very difficult to assemble in one rifle. I realize this isn't the answer to your question, but I'll offer an alternate strategy. Buy your son an inexpensive junior spring gun. It will fit him, and it will give him some responsibility of ownership. Then buy a PCP and related equipment for yourself. If you drop the weight and adjustable LOP requirements, you will find many options. I went through this with my son years ago, except the rifle was a .22 RF. I never found a rifle that we could share in a reasonable manner. 

Why an electric, hybrid or gasoline car if you could buy for the price many dunkeys, horses and even a horse or ox cart?

Hahaha :)

Snow Peak (Artemis) P35 has a mid positioned side lever that reportedly can be moved to either side. The magazine is not in your face if you shoot left handed (as I do). I like the cocking lever on the right so I have not moved it on my 25 caliber. It meets your specifications except for length of pull. You could buy two for $1000 leaving money for scopes and a compressor. I made a spacer to lengthen the pull on mine. You might have to cut it down for your son but it is not a terribly expensive gun. The P15 is about the same gun with a lever in the back by the butt plate. It is also lighter. If your son shoots right handed it could be good for him because it's lighter and the stock is wood - so easier to cut down and glue back together later (P35 is plastic).

I like my Prod and made an adjustable length of pull stock for it. At it's current tune (18 fpe) it is pretty hard to cock. I'm not sure a kid could do it. I've tuned mine for 20 fpe before but you get very few shots if you do that. Like maybe one magazine (8 shots). I get at least three magazines (24) with about 30 fps velocity variation with my current Bstaley tune that goes as low as 16.5 fpe but the first 12 or so are 17.5 fpe or better. But I can get 60 or more with about 15 fps extreme spread from my P35 - at over 30 fpe (it.s a 25). Both take squirrels well but the Prod would be tougher to hit with and questionable on energy past 30 yards. P35 is over 100 fps faster so 40 yards is pretty easy. Energy is fine to around 70 yards.

I think I am down to these:

1- Kral NP-03 for a cheap option without a regulator

2 - FX Dream-Tact Compact Bottle - more expensive but more power and more shots

3 - Brocock Ranger XR - not sure what advantage this has over the FX

DC

Based on my limited experience with both brands, I think the Brocock dependability trumps the FX adjustability. Should the need for service arise, FX USA is available. While the need for service is less likely with the Brocock, try to buy from a dealer who has a knowledgeable tech, many do not. 

I just got an fx streamline. It’s is an awesome gun. It’s very similar to the fx dreamline classic so that dreamline you are looking at would be similar and I highly doubt you would be disappointed. I can’t stand the tacticool new age look so I went with a traditional rifle look. Any of the dreamline renditions will be good.

There is a Brocock Concept Lite on the Classifieds from a trusted seller. Shooting 18.1s around 30 FPE which should be sufficient for Iguana. 

Not sure if it has adjustable LOP stock or what it would cost to add one.

Also not sure if the side lever is switchable.

It was the first rifle I thought of when you listed your requirements. Refrained from posting since I don't know much about them. But figured I'd at least alert you to the listing.

There is a Brocock Concept Lite on the Classifieds from a trusted seller. Shooting 18.1s around 30 FPE which should be sufficient for Iguana. 

Not sure if it has adjustable LOP stock or what it would cost to add one.

Also not sure if the side lever is switchable.

It was the first rifle I thought of when you listed your requirements. Refrained from posting since I don't know much about them. But figured I'd at least alert you to the listing.

Yes it does have the adjustable stock. Still unable to upload pics to site.

It's this gun here....but for $1000 delivered

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/precharged-pcp/brocock-concept-lite-xr-air-rifle-.22/

Thanks for the comment Scouty.