• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

PCP Recommendations -Specific need

Used Brocock Atomic XR might fit, maybe new will fit in the under $2000. The adjustable length of pull, ambi, and regulated push you into the more expensive classes. Start dropping some of those and Kral NP-03, Marauder Pistol with stock, etc. will start to fit. Also Kral Empire XS, Empire, or Empire X may be good, the bottle X doesn't really need a regulator as it gets lots of shots within a tight enough velocity difference to say you don't need it.

why regulated ..thats generally an advanced option and imo its not all that, and its more befitting a bottled bench gun that weighs about 15 lbs lol ... but yeah, i agree, get a marauder pistol to start with and put a buckrail but on it, theyre nice .. maybe a 3-12ffp westhunter and a donny tatsu .. now your talkin .. hell you could build two for under a grand prolly, and nothing beats a prod for short range pesting, theyre quite effective to 30y ...

@ltchip, regulated also means that you retain that shot to shot consistency even with partial fills of the gun. I would second a .22 Atomic XR if you could swing it. Easily hand pump able and fits your requirements. Look up the specs, here's mine, under 7 lbs. scoped, without the bipod. 

image.1653170986.jpeg

Hello look at the Air Arms s510 xs tactical 6.75 lbs in stock at Pyramid Air. I had an s510 and loved it ,just do not like wood stock, if mine had this stock I would still have it, but a friend was look to get a Marauder and I offered him my s510 and he loves it. Accurate and well made gun also has the adjustable power dial on the side. Hope this helps Eric

Lots of things to consider, if you get a bottle gun, you will need a bigger bottle to fill it from and possibly a HPA compressor. Yes, you get more shots between fills, but you need that extra equipment. A smaller, cyclinder PCP is more amendable to being hand pumped, you get less shots than a bottle gun, but you don't necessarily need a compressor to keep it filled. Just depends on the specifics of what you want to do with your PCP. The Atomic XR and Ranger XR are the same basic platform. The Ranger comes with folding stock, moderator, picatinny rails and an adjustable trigger shoe.

The Atomic XR is on my list, but more than I'll currently set aside. The Kral NP-04 might be fun if it ever gets imported to the USA, it's a semi-auto.

It is hard to go wrong with a Marauder pistol until you are wanting to push out to 100 yards or farther. I think there might be an adapter to put an AR style adjustable stock on it, but not certain.

I loved my marauder pistol, which I'd installed a Huma reg in and had put an adjustable AR adapter on - I believe the bolt can be flipped for left or right and its a great shooter for smaller folks for sure - you can easily tune it up to the low 20's for FPE without much fuss and 30's are achievable with a bit more fussing around. It also leaves a lot of room in the budget - maybe p-rod for son and something else for dad?

Enjoy!