• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

PCP Pistol Recommendations?

Most budget pcp pistols have inferior mags. The CARM mags work well with the pp750. I own a Brocock pistol that is also very accurate with a mag. I’ve heard good things about the Ataman AP16 and FX Ranchero but I don’t have personal experience with them. The mag has to be perfectly aligned in order to match the accuracy of single loads

Anybody here have any experience or knowledge of the PP800? That one looks like a simpler version than the 750 and also comes with a magazine.

I've got two... They both make a ton of power... but there's no real consistent velocity to speak of. Result of a tiny air reservoir, and a valve/hammer combo that is not tuned whatsoever. I threw a regulator in one to fix it (turned power way down). The other I just turned power way up, and for some reason I shoots really well, but only using .25 JSB kings.

I do like them for their accuracy and simplicity. But the wood grips they come with are HUGE... If you opt for the synthetic grip with detachable stock, the grip on it is too small.. ?? why I don't know.

Top is .177, bottom is .25.... The .25 does not come with a mag. The receiver is not machined to accept one either.

DSC_0020_edited.1612249978.jpg

I would just save up for the most accurate (out of all mentioned so far under $300 range) budget PCP target quality Crosman Silhouette 1701P or 1700 older version with different muzzle brake as being the only noticeable cosmetic difference that I can notice.

If you can find a Listone Victor for around that sub $300 price range buy it. It's a very good copy of the AA CZ Alpha Project and gives the Crosman 1700 and 1701P a good run with a lighter trigger.

It's a copy of THIS-

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Alfa_Proj_Competition_PCP_Pistol/1564

HOLEY CRAP THE PRICE WENT UP!!! IT USED TO BE ONLY $699!!! I THINK LIKE LAST MONTH OR DECEMBER!!!

Watch the video below. It's a PCP not Co2 as they MUST HAVE INCORRECTLY STATED.

HOLEY CRAP THAT PISTOL USED TO BE ONLY $220!!! $350 AT THE MOST WITH WOOD GRIPS BRAND NEW!!!

https://pcpcom.us/products/listone-victor-co2

Crosman 1701p. Buy from crosman, use AGNATION discount code, and get whatever rear sight, or optic, that suits your liking. 

Shooting jsb schak pellets, mine is a one ragged hole shooter at 10M off a rest, with open sights. Before I turned trigger pull down to 15oz. 

Easy to pump, 30 pumps on my hill mk3 fills to 2900 and gives me...50-70 shots, I didn't count exact. 

I would just save up for the most accurate (out of all mentioned so far under $300 range) budget PCP target quality Crosman Silhouette 1701P or 1700 older version with different muzzle brake as being the only noticeable cosmetic difference that I can notice.

If you can find a Listone Victor for around that sub $300 price range buy it. It's a very good copy of the AA CZ Alpha Project and gives the Crosman 1700 and 1701P a good run with a lighter trigger.

It's a copy of THIS-

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Alfa_Proj_Competition_PCP_Pistol/1564

HOLEY CRAP THE PRICE WENT UP!!! IT USED TO BE ONLY $699!!! I THINK LIKE LAST MONTH OR DECEMBER!!!

Watch the video below. It's a PCP not Co2 as they MUST HAVE INCORRECTLY STATED.

HOLEY CRAP THAT PISTOL USED TO BE ONLY $220!!! $350 AT THE MOST WITH WOOD GRIPS BRAND NEW!!!

https://pcpcom.us/products/listone-victor-co2

Yep, they were on clearance for under $200 not even a year ago

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I only see the Crosman 1701P in .177 caliber. I'm hoping to get a pistol with 22 cal.

The 1701P FPS is rated at 450. I know, I know. Don't rate guns by the FPS. But, I can't help but look at the specs. I'm a Quality Manager by trade and it's just what I do. :)

No one has responded with a comment on the Benjamin Marauder. By comparison to the 1701P:

The Marauder is rated at 700fps vs 550.

Marauder has an 8 round magazine instead of 1 bolt action.

Both weigh about the same.

Marauder is 22 cal vs .177.

I've read that the Marauder is very quiet to shoot - don't know about the 1701P.

Both are selling under $400.

And both have a 12" barrel.

I'm leaning hard toward the Marauder for those reasons unless I'm missing something.

Comments?

One more question.

I only know a few places online to look for buying opportunities. Midwayusa, Pyramid air, Amazon, and air gun depot. Other suggestions?

Thanks.

One more thought.

I just compared specs between the Benjamin Marauder 22 cal pistol and the Diana Bandit. Wow, the Diana is only $179 but out of stock everywhere (of course)!

From the spec comparison, it seems like a no-brainer that the German made Diana Bandit would be the choice over the Marauder for half the price.

Thoughts on the Diana?

Thanks again!!!

The Marauder pistol is a great gun in my opinion (also my first pcp), but a pistol it is not, at least not by the definition I go by. The 1701P however is a pistol and can be shoot comfortably one handed like a pistol is meant to be shoot. Both are great guns. The 1720T is the same size as the Marauder but more accurate than the Marauder pistol. Like the 1701P the 1720T is .177 caliber single loader and has a Lother Walther barrel. I have all three and enjoy all three equally but I find that the Marauder and 1720T are better suited as carbines. The Crosman 1399 skeleton stock can be mounted on the 1701P for a ultra compact carbine also if you wish. Check out qballs thread on his 1701P build.
oh by the way, the 1701P has a 10” barrel and the 1720T and Marauder have 12” barrels. 
The 1701P is not powerful but is tuned perfectly from the factory and many of us suggest not to mess with its tune. If you want more power get the 1720T and tune it to 11-12 fpe. 
None of these guns are “loud” pre say. Loudness is subjective to the environment you’re shooting in. If you have a larger property and your neighbors aren’t close they may be fine as is. If you are in dense suburban neighborhood with neighbors on top of you these guns are loud enough to attract attention. A TKO on a 1701P will be very quiet. Whatever you put on a 1701P will dictate what sights you put on it. I prefer iron sights on a pistol so a small diameter moderator is a must. I like DonnyFL Benjamin adaptor which is threaded with 1/2”-20 UNF. TKO makes the smallest diameter threaded moderator that I’m aware of. If you choose a scope or red dot TKO smaller slip fit moderator makes a 1701P super quiet. 

The Marauder and 1720T can be quieted down with a verity of moderators. I do not like the look of a big can hanging off the end of my barrel so I use a Tim Hill moderator on my Marauder and a TKO on my 1720T. Both are affective but a TKO on a 1701P is the quietest. 
I too wanted a .22 caliber repeater pistol along the size of the 1701P. Crosman does not make such a thing so I made my own by putting a Marauder upper on a 1701P lower and shortening the barrel. Quiet it is not however. At 15+ fpe it is quite loud. A TKO to muzzle the beast is necessary to be remotely suburban backyard friendly. I have DonnyFL adaptors on the pistol and 1720T and the threaded TKO is used on both. 
so what do I recommend? Well al three of course. Hope this is of some help for you. 

81FCBC99-2851-4F1B-A723-4C6F82C7CD72.1612526781.jpeg

I own both the Crosman 1701P and a Diana Bandit. Both are nice pistols. Both shoot very well. Both are easy to fill (I have a compressor so very fast to fill). Both are quiet (the 1701 has a $27 Geo LCD on it the Bandit the stock LCD). But the 1701 is a target pistol. A very very accurate target pistol. Hole in hole accurate. The Bandit is a nice general shooter. I have a 22 cal and use it as a close range pesting gun. The magazine is meh but it does have a real nice single shot tray. The 1701 is a single shot. You can get a 1701 for just under $300 with the code from Crosman direct. The Bandit is in and out of stock all the time so it may be a bit of a waiting game on it. If you just want to get your "pistol" feet wet, get a Beeman P17. It is a single stroke pneumatic but has a great trigger and is super accurate. At $32 it is a true steal!

A bit funky to load but once you do it a couple times it is easy. There is a simple mode where you grind out a little of the top end and you can fit a pellet pen in to make loading easier. Again at $32 it is an incredible bargain and a blast to shoot indoors if you have the room and a pellet trap. Oh and if anything goes wrong with it they are super easy to work on.

Reactions: Clazy
Mile High Air Gunner gave a very good analysis of the Crosman line up. The P-rod makes a great light weight carbine in 22cal. that can be tuned up or down. It has good acuracy out to 35 yards or so and can be modified endlessly. Not so much, for being a pistol. The 1701P is 177 cal. and can be had used in good shape for $225.00-ish if you look and wait. Can be tuned a little hotter but the factory tune is great if 450 fps is enough for you. It is extremely accurate and feels good one handed as a pistol.

As with any new purchase, it all boils down to what you want to do with it. The P-17 is a MUST HAVE pistol for any airgunner.. It is the best $30.00 you will ever spend for fun. Can be modified to shoot 450 fps with 7.0 gr. pellets, and have a nice light trigger if you spend a little time working on it. They are just fun to shoot, light weight, and accurate to about 20 yards. A cheap red dot and you are good to go. If you want to shoot paper or small silhouette targets and not spend much, this is it. 

My p-rod was my favorite light weight carbine, tuned to about 800 fps with Crosman domes, but now I'm reaching for my pp750. It's smaller & lighter but only shooting 700 fps with the same pellets. With a cheap 2 MOA red dot, I'm good to about 30 yards, but still use it as a carbine. Both are 22 cal. If I want to shoot one handed at a tree rat etc. I grab the Crosman 1701P shooting around 600 fps with H&N FFT 8.64 gr.. Even with those options handy, it's still fun to shoot that cheapo P-17 with a cheapo red dot on top!