• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pcp newbie

If you can do the extra money for the FX you will have superb accuracy and many shots. I recommend the Crown in .30 cal. Here’s 28 shots at 100 yards with the JSB 44.75 pellet. And you can still bust starlings lol. With all the new guns coming out you can find a good deal on a used Crown. 
F20D2E05-5544-4111-92B5-91E8CE48A5E7.1615638993.jpeg

Thanks guys I think ide like to stay 25 if possible I hear the 30s are significantly louder and more expensive.

The more I research the more I'm leaning toward the fx maverick sniper lol so I guess now my question is.

Is a fully upgraded and talon tuned condor ss anywhere near the performance of the fx maverick sniper? I only ask cause the sooped up condor is still about a grand cheaper giving me room for a pump and pellets and other supplies starting from scratch here.

Thanks guys I think ide like to stay 25 if possible I hear the 30s are significantly louder and more expensive.

Yes, the .30 is more expensive to shoot - figure around 2x the cost of the .25 (pellet tins of .30 cost the same, but contain half the amount). So you are maybe talking 9 cents a shot instead of 4.5 cents a shot. As far as noise, it is not something which you really need to worry about due to the effectiveness of available moderators.

Is a fully upgraded and talon tuned condor ss anywhere near the performance of the fx maverick sniper? I only ask cause the sooped up condor is still about a grand cheaper giving me room for a pump and pellets and other supplies starting from scratch here.

Is the souped up TT Condor SS really about a grand cheaper than a Mav Sniper? You already shoot springers, so you know that hop-up parts can be really expensive when looked at as a percentage of the gun's base price, and in the PCP world this seems even more so to me. And you still end up with only a single shot rifle. I will admit that I have very limited experience with Air Force guns (other than my recently purchased used AF built RAW in .25 cal, all I have previously owned is a box stock Talon SS. And that gun was kind of 'meh' to me, although I probably didn't take enough time with it for optimal tuning.) But with an FX you are getting a very different product, IMHO.

Are you only looking for AR or short form factor rifles for walking while hunting? If not, your selection at a reasonable price range opens up with different FX guns. With the addition of a couple of stacked Power Plenums ($30 each), you can get some great power out of a Dreamline Classic or Lite, and can choose bottle or air cylinder. And if you want a more compact form factor, then you can look at the DreamPup or Wildcat Mk2 or Mk3. With my .25 DreamPup I was getting 47 FPE at the muzzle with JSB Hades before I turned the regulator down to get more shots per fill. And my WC Mk2's which I bought used in .25 are no slouches putting out 45 FPE at the muzzle with no tuning having been done on my part.

If you do choose to go the .30 route, find an FX Boss (generally available in the used market for reasonable prices) and have a stock gun with 75-80 FPE at the muzzle. Or a gun with a little more complexity, a Mk1 Crown will give you excellent power and accuracy, more on-the-fly tunability, all for a pretty reasonable used price since the Mk2 Crowns came out.

And all with of the above Fx's you get your choice of magazine fed for quick follow-up shots, or single loading for best accuracy.

I think that you are limiting yourself by just looking at the 2 specific guns you mention.

ive been shooting all my life and tried alittle of everything .. one thing i would 'not' do is buy something fancy for 'long range' pest control using an airgun ... i think theyre fine and fun when you know your distances and things, but just hookin it out to the field where things are dynamic .. nah .. your just gonna maim stuff at best outside a guns point blank range .. i think something like a condor now would be reliable 'alittle' further than some guns simply because velocity is 'alittle' higher than most, reliable being the key word but .. yeah .. like that, pellet guns wont be reliable for hunting past 100 in just about no case .. i'd want .223 or something if i want to be serious about long range pesting .. and if im cutting distances down to real world dynamic scenarios for an airgun theres cheaper and in my opinion 'better' options than some fancy 'glam gun', like a bulldog 357 ...at a reasonable distance like less than 70 that would be fine .. im sure theres lots of people that disagree, but im a realist lol .. i know for a fact there would be no real advantage if i spent a couple of grand on a super pellet gun ...

ive been shooting all my life and tried alittle of everything .. one thing i would 'not' do is buy something fancy for 'long range' pest control using an airgun ... i think theyre fine and fun when you know your distances and things, but just hookin it out to the field where things are dynamic .. nah .. your just gonna maim stuff at best outside a guns point blank range .. i think something like a condor now would be reliable 'alittle' further than some guns simply because velocity is 'alittle' higher than most, reliable being the key word but .. yeah .. like that, pellet guns wont be reliable for hunting past 100 in just about no case .. i'd want .223 or something if i want to be serious about long range pesting .. and if im cutting distances down to real world dynamic scenarios for an airgun theres cheaper and in my opinion 'better' options than some fancy 'glam gun', like a bulldog 357 ...at a reasonable distance like less than 70 that would be fine .. im sure theres lots of people that disagree, but im a realist lol .. i know for a fact there would be no real advantage if i spent a couple of grand on a super pellet gun ...

I agree with you there for the cost of a pcp rifle I have a 6.5 creedmoore set up that I have taken to 1250yards in prc competitions, scope and all...

This airgun isnt a put meat on the table gun. This is a pest control gun for a residential area with land. The benefits I'm looking for here is its quiet availability of ammo and the relaxed regulations on airgun vs center fire rifle in residential area.

Again I understand a pellet/ slug isnt ideal for 200 yards but some slugs reaching a bc of .1 and higher and velocities in the 800-900 fps is totally doable with enough energy to take out varmint size game.

Please correct me if I'm wrong though.