PCP meets 4x4 use?!

I have used an SBCA bottle filled to 4500 PSI to fill low tires because I can just shut off the air once I have my desired pressure, but without a second stage regulator it would just fill endlessly and ruin stuff because there is nothing to stop the pressure build. Can't run tools off the bottle unless you have a regulator threaded on top of the first stage that sits on top of the bottle. Air tanks plus sells the regulator, or you can build your own, but would have to be high pressure rated and have a bleed valve.

Not a bad idea as long as you can find the right fitting and watch the tire pressure. The tanks should have more than enough for a few tires BUT if you are serious about off-roading you might want to go with the compressor route so you have unlimited air plus much smaller package. That being said everyone I know are switching to electric tools as supposed to air tools now and day. Much longer run time, no worry about hoses and leaking air and much lighter too, if you get into milwaukee setup it's night and day better but spendy. Electrification is the future, maybe airguns will be there in a couple of years too. 

Don't know about the use for tools but a Foster fitting will go over a Schrader valve if you pull the sleeve back and you can hold the fitting against it tightly enough to fill a tire. I've done it several times , including this weekend at our State match for an unlucky soul that picked up a nail. Since I generally carry ag's when 4wheeling, I have that available. Not sure how much it takes to air down and back up, but should be enough in a 45 min or 60 min tank for at least once in all 4 tires. A fitting, hose, and reg would be a good idea for safety and convenience.

Bob

I don't 4x4 and I don't have a SCBA tank(yet) but I got a Coltri and I use it to fill my air bubble, that I use on my tires around the place

But I do see packin spare air for a trail trip as in, Be Prepared. Salute

I installed a tee where the hose connects to the bubble's valve and put a male foster fitting on the tee for filling. The bubble valve must be in the open position to fill the bubble from the foster

Thanks for the help,

The additioal reg etc with slow fill is whatvi was thinking as well.

May just stuck with original idea of running an on-board system.

I always love it when investment in one tool creates a solution for multiple applications.

Sounds like my great white will be just for pcp.

a proper onboard system with auxiliary battery with inverter is the only way to go! Pack some electric tools, impact, 90 degree socket, chain saw with couple of batteries/charger and you are set! Night and day better than OG air tank system that’s insufficient to begin with and not to mention bulky heavy and unreliable. My Milwaukee tools will run circles around around air tools running off of tiny air tank that lasts no more than 2 minutes if that. Even my smallest impact driver has enough torque to break a wheels stud on a JK, granted that’s not saying much.LOL 

Keep the scba tank for PCP because you will kick yourself for running out of air to shoot! 

Edit: and the ARB twin compressor will fill 4 35 tires from 8-35 psi faster most tank systems I’ve seen. Forget all the other compressors and save yourself some money by go directly to the ARB twins. The fancy CO2 tank with a regulator is painfully slow and more than 3x as heavy and 10 times as bulky as my onboard twins. Not to mention it will kill you if you don’t secure it with proper mounting system. Stupidest thing I’ve seen!