PCP Long Term Storage?

Over the past few years an infrequently used PCP rifle/tank has been stored fully pressured (3000 psi) to be ready as needed, sometimes several months between uses. On two occasions, the tank leaked down to an unusable level and required factory repair. In each case, service found faulty valve seal(s). After 1st repair, factory advised fully pressurized storage was OK but clearly another failure might suggest otherwise.

What is the generally recommended way to store a PCP rifle/tank in terms of pressure?

Thanks,
Bo3b

Any time a seal fails from being pressurized for extended periods, it is almost always an extrusion failure. The solution is to either use a higher durometer or do something to reduce the size of the gap between the parts. The latter isn’t so easy to accomplish so the first step is to try a harder O-ring.

FWIW, I keep my dozen or so PCPs pressurized at all times. If a seal fails, I just take it as an indication it wasn’t the right seal for the job. Many OEM seals do fit this description in my experience.