PCP Leaks as a common occurrence...

Have to admit this can be a controversial issue as some can swear by them and some at them which ever your preferences

I recently purchased a couple Benjamin fortitudes few months back never paying any mind to any leakage

Until I loaded them to 3000 psi to do some plinking the next day

That's when I noticed on one, the gauge had a noticeable drop in pressure, felt best keep an eye on this

There was an unstable reading from day to day as it may have leaked right from the box 

Now here again the other one has been solid (amazed at the accuracy they both have for my needs)

At this point filled the one that has a leak to 3000psi an eventually will soap it determine leak for repair

Have not replaced any o-rings yet

( household appliances needed attention first )

Bill

I’ve seen lots of posts about leaking orings, and that’s true. But what I haven’t read are valve leaks, which also happen. They usually start as a very slow leak, and progress. The fact of life is that if you own PCPs and shoot them frequently, you’ll have leakers. If you haven’t, you’ve been extremely lucky or you don’t shoot much...

Hey!!! My OLD FX guns are perfect no leaks PERIOD!!! INCLUDING A 20+ YEAR OLD TARANTULA and Royales and Bobcats and Verminators that are so old they aren't even regulated! Some of my Royales dont even have the smooth twist barrels or the power wheels yet. ABSOLUTELY ZERO LEAK ISSUES. That's gotta tell ya something! I own FXs that ARE RELIABLE. YO!

I also have 4 FX rifles that have never leaked including the Impact, I guess I'm just lucky or maybe its because I didn't tinker with it the first day I got it like I thought I was a pro tuner LOL.