• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

PCP HELP

Tman

May 15, 2015
I recently purchased a Benjamin Discovery. I bought a scope and the mounts and got all ready for my new gun. I expected it to be loud as I had watched many videos about it, but when I shot it for the first time I was surprised. It doesn't have that loud crack as I had heard in the videos but it has a very strange muzzle report. The only thing I can compare it to is how a nailgun sounds, it sounds like an excess of air coming out and is very very loud and carries a long way. Also the reservoir seems to empty faster than it should, I get maybe ten shots in and it is in need of a refill. Sorry for such a long post. This is my first PCP so maybe I'm just paranoid.

MOD EDIT: MOVED TO PCP SECTION

I'm not an expert, but that doesn't sound right to me. Is it .22 or .177? My only experience is with a .25 Marauder, but it has a reservoir about 50% bigger, but it also uses quite a bit more air per shot. Still, I get 16 shots. I'd think you should get WAY more than 10 shots. I'd guess at least 20-25.

Edit:Check the 'Specifications' tab PA says that you should get 25 shots per fill

I'm guessing that a valve is sticking or something like that. Someone here smarter than me will have your answer I'm sure.

aj called it first. Crosman got a new spring and used those apparently w/out testing and what used to be about a 20 shot rifle instantly became a 10 shot rifle. A good tuning will fix you right up, and, perhaps void the warranty though in the past they've been somewhat forgiving. "I" would teat into it. BUT you might want to give crosman a call first.
Side note the stiffer trigger spring also makes the trigger just a bit worse.

Keep us posted.

John 

Tman.
My Disco really needs tuned and I am sending it to TKO or somebody. His muzzle break is great if your noise is just normal noise. Out of box mine was a little loud..but no surprise. If you watch the Discovery review video on Tom's Holdover he shoots the gun with and without the break--and the sound he gets is close to what I experienced--except the out-of-box noise is a little more than on the video. Likewise when I did do a chrony I found it shot around 880 for seven shots and then a steady downhill curve. 755 at shot 18. Bad tune.

But I think many Disco owners need a tune before their gun really does what they expected. And in the end most end up pretty happy.