• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

PCP gun sales down?

If it seems too good to be true, it most likely is.

What you should be thinking?? "Retailers everywhere are hurting for stock of everything yet THIS place is loaded to the teeth?!?!?!"

What you probably actually do when you see it?? "OMG I found the motherlode and I'm ordering mine before I go post it on the forum".

Safest bet?? Stick to known good retailers and stop spending hours surfing the interwebs hoping you'll find whatever it is you went surfing for.

Why in the world would you buy air guns if you can't buy pellets. I'm just saying!

Word!

There is a huge backlog of empty shipping containers waiting to be returned and a huge backlog of full shipping containers waiting to be delivered. Not to mention a huge backlog of ships full of both kinds of containers waiting to be unloaded at both ends.of the chain.

I see a lot of reasonably priced equipment in the WTS areas that are simply not moving. I had some stuff up there that I yanked because I didn't want to sell at a 50% loss. I think it's closely related to the forbidden topic and we're coming up on Q3 earnings/Q4/Christmas spend. I suspect many are keeping their coin purse close anticipating the next iteration of illogical insanity. :)

When sales are actually down from something besides supply issues........... prices go down. Cutting profits is the only way to keep inventory being manufactured and moving at that point. If your product is just sitting on shelves you are technically out of business and paying employees to build things that have no demand at your marketed price. The only reason any product sits on the shelf is that it is not appropriately priced for the current demand.Prices are not going down so that points to it being a supply issue. 

It is all complicated by the government still subsidizing business's or essentially paying them to do very little but getting paid the same as doing good business. Not a lot of company incentive to climb out of this so the supply chain suffers. All it takes is one link to slow production. 

...Prices are not going down so that points to it being a supply issue...

Totally agree.

And nothing in demand is getting either more available or less expensive, likely for the foreseeable future.

Most manufacturers have moved right along with recent price hikes. Crossman finally just got the brown box and tins of heavy Premiers in stock and they went up about 15% at dealers. When prices are going up that means demand is way up and sellers have no problem taking advantage of it. One good thing is powder burner ammo is showing up in some significant volume. Problem is prices have not come down yet but they will. When that happens it will give us significant relief. That and winter will slow consumption as many parts of the country can't shoot.