• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

PCP for a 9 year old Girl.

My daughter loves to hunt with me and I have a springer for her but its heavy and she really wants a PCP. She shoots my Air Ranger off the bench and loves the feel. Shoots so well I'm jealous, has such a nice trigger pull. Is there a light weight, short PCP out there for a Girl. She does start complaining about the heavy gun after a short while. Doesn't need a high shot count, just accurate and reliable. She likes .22

Thanks

30cal beat me to that one. I looked at the one they gave away at EBR and thought it was just the right size for my son. They are light and a 9 year old should not have a problem handling one. A drawback to it is that I think you only get about 20 shots out of it before it needs refilling (because it is a compact rifle). The specs listed for it on AoA's website state that it is up to 23 fpe, so hunting small game should not be an issue. It also comes with a Huggett moderator starting at $699.

The Daystate Regal is a beautiful rifle, but the bolt is a bear. I was looking for a left handed rifle for my wife and showed her one at AoA. She tried cocking it and said no way. I tried it and it was like trying to take a donut away from Homer Simpson. I ended up getting her a .22 Wolverine B Hi Lite instead. My son had no problem cocking the Contour. It was smooth and he did not have to change his hold on the rifle to cock it. I decided not to purchase one because of the low shot count. I am going to buy him a .22 Wildcat when they are more readily available (if that time ever comes). It is light, has a good shot count, and will not need replacing as he grows. Plus, if he ever loses interest in it, Daddy can keep it.