• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

PCP cold bore

Please explain, I’m interested in your answer.
How many air guns have you seen with a warm barrel after a few shots(or many). Except for ambient temperature of course. The hpa always has a cooling effect as it rushes out of the barrel.
Firearms are a different story as they can heat up rather rapidly as the powder burns.

Too much hammer spring. You should be able to play the balancing act and get that first shot to be in the 5-7fps range. Be it 5-7 too fast or too slow, doesn’t matter. You’re good to go. Then just enjoy shooting and don’t fuss over the chronograph.
Thanks for the explanation! I recently replaced the reg o rings so this makes sense. Thanks!

How many air guns have you seen with a warm barrel after a few shots(or many). Except for ambient temperature of course. The hpa always has a cooling effect as it rushes out of the barrel.
Firearms are a different story as they can heat up rather rapidly as the powder burns.
Thanks for the reply! Makes sense! I was assuming that heat would be generated from lead on steel or “sticky” valves and didn’t consider the cooling of hpa being released.