PCP air rifles and OIL

At the 10 meter range I listened to a conversation between two air gunners. One had a new FWB 10 meter rifle which was shooting off zero after an air charge. He couldn't understand why? Another air gunner stated that he needed to add a tiny drop of Pellet oil to he hole of the air bottle nipple port attached to the airgun itself. I shoot a LG 400 walther and have had the rifle shoot accurately for the past 6 years without any oil. My manual doesn't say anything about oiling the 'INNARDS" of the rifle. Am I missing something?
Brings to mind, Mendoza and some older makes.

OK ....SO pell gun oil is transmission oil. it is safe for orings and seals.....they have been selling it for years as a safe oil for pump air rifles that have rubber o rings..... the o rings in pcps are rubber so should be safe. you use transmission oil in expensive car transmissions that have plastic/rubber seals? also people use air tool oil in there nail guns and its safe for there o rings and seals......
i put oil in pcps . i want the rings to be lubbed to keep from drying out. also i leave cocked so there is pressure on the seal which preserves the rings. i put a few drops in every third forth time im filling to get oil cycled thru. also put some in the hammer spring which HELPED Alot with cocking .
from my understanding transmission oil is safe for plastic and rubber in transmission and air tools such as nail guns. if im missing something or wrong.....do inform. thank you all.

OK ....SO pell gun oil is transmission oil. it is safe for orings and seals.....they have been selling it for years as a safe oil for pump air rifles that have rubber o rings..... the o rings in pcps are rubber so should be safe. you use transmission oil in expensive car transmissions that have plastic/rubber seals? also people use air tool oil in there nail guns and its safe for there o rings and seals......
i put oil in pcps . i want the rings to be lubbed to keep from drying out. also i leave cocked so there is pressure on the seal which preserves the rings. i put a few drops in every third forth time im filling to get oil cycled thru. also put some in the hammer spring which HELPED Alot with cocking .
from my understanding transmission oil is safe for plastic and rubber in transmission and air tools such as nail guns. if im missing something or wrong.....do inform. thank you all.
**********PELL GUN OIL *****OIL.....IE ...TRANSMISSION FLUID*********

• Wow
Reactions: Firewalker
For clarity: Dieseling is the correct term. Detonation is the collision of multiple simultaneous but separate flame fronts and yes it might, under rare circumstances, occur in an air gun. No petroleum oil should be used in an air gun not just for the case of dieseking, but much mor importantly petroleum based oils can rot O rings. Silicon oil is actually a poor mechanical lubricin, but better than nothing and good for rubber.

**********PELL GUN OIL *****OIL.....IE ...TRANSMISSION FLUID*********

The huge detergent package found in Alphabet org is the reason I don't use it in airguns. I use it for cleaning from time to time as well as with acetone for rusted bolt threads.

Pellgun oil is a proprietary blend of lubricants, just by feel alone, you can tell its not Alphabet org.

Just in case some dont' know this but o-rings have a shelf life, that is 15 years on the Buna-N the most common. They are designed to withstand quality motor oil. I personally like mobile 1, it's slippery and things that have things moving need slippery and it stay slippery for a LONG time. No problem with over sudsing. <---- humor