• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

PCP Air Gun Explodes

"Hynzie"old vid he modded hi packs?
yep. Basically epoxied the HiPac into the tube and then he was taking the trigger screw out (which was holding the valve since the valve screw was giving way) and boom valve out thru the rear. At first they tried to blame the Hipac for failing and causing the valve to come out of the gun. The Hipac did break in half, but that was after he let go of the tube and it hit the ceiling, snapping the HiPac.

They got a different lesson out of this incident then I did. They wanted everyone to learn not to use HiPacs, but I learned not to work on a gun that is holding 2 tons worth of pressure per square inch. That is enough to cut your car in half if it was protected by 2 feet of concrete. He is damn lucky that didn't hit his artery or a bone, or his freaking face for that matter. Glad he is ok and damn that had to hurt. Ugh.

I replaced the bolt in 22 Marauder and I degassed the gun. And that went well, and because I degassed the gun I felt comfortable working on it.

I have never adjusted attempted to tune/adjust a Marauder. Should I degass before making any of the adjustments? The 25 Armada is shooting 25 jsb pellets very accurately but only about 715 FPS. I’d like to increase the speed. 

Thanks. 

Jlc,

When you tune the Marauder, any caliber, it is perfectly fine to make all adjustments to tune the gun while it has a full charge of air. It is designed this way, so when you adjust hammer spring tension, hammer throw length distance, and transfer port adjustments, it is safe to do so. Just remember to follow basic safety precautions, as in always wear safety glasses, make sure the gun is unloaded, and pointed in a safe direction while making any adjustments. Degassing the gun is only required when removing or replacing any parts on the gun, that were not meant to be adjusted or changed by the user.

Reactions: jlc