Other Pbba .457 barrel

I got a .457 pbba and there's this little knick or scratch in the barrel in the first few riflings on the chamber side will it still be accurate?

IMG_20240326_084312015.jpg

Sorry, I can have empathy on you for sure.

Because I can relate. I was fireforming brass in a wildcat centerfire rifle cartridge with the 'Cream Of Wheat' method which I hadn't done before. I was almost finished but apparently the COW built up in the barrel and a bullet got stuck in it. It took a few days of trial and error to get it all out, also the perfect and expensive barrel wasn't perfect where the obstruction was anymore. However not as bad as yours is. I polished the slight damage out the best I could. To replace my barrel, have it rechambered, crowned, etc, would have been $650 so I accepted my mistake and shot the rifle anyway. It shot ok so I wasn't totally distraught.

• Love
Reactions: anonymous_.457
Sorry, I can have empathy on you for sure.

Because I can relate. I was fireforming brass in a wildcat centerfire rifle cartridge with the 'Cream Of Wheat' method which I hadn't done before. I was almost finished but apparently the COW built up in the barrel and a bullet got stuck in it. It took a few days of trial and error to get it all out, also the perfect and expensive barrel wasn't perfect where the obstruction was anymore. However not as bad as yours is. I polished the slight damage out the best I could. To replace my barrel, have it rechambered, crowned, etc, would have been $650 so I accepted my mistake and shot the rifle anyway. It shot ok so I wasn't totally distraughg

How do I do that?
Several ways. I think the best is to use a slug cast to your barrel and then used as a jag that you put the lapping compound on. The easiest might be to just use a .457 jag and tight cleaning patch with lapping compound. It may take 50 - 100 passes through the barrel to polish the scratch, but it may take the edge off enough to help any accuracy issues. Lapping a barrel is usually a good thing anyway.

Yeah a new barrel ain't cheap I paid 650$ for my pbba .457 used!!
Several ways. I think the best is to use a slug cast to your barrel and then used as a jag that you put the lapping compound on. The easiest might be to just use a .457 jag and tight cleaning patch with lapping compound. It may take 50 - 100 passes through the barrel to polish the scratch, but it may take the edge off enough to help any accuracy issues. Lapping a barrel is usually a good thing anyway.
Yeah I'll probably let a buddy of mine do it if it ain't accurate with these new slugs I got coming

Reactions: lonedave
It didn't come like that I did that using junk hunter supply slugs shot it both times and 2 slugs got stuck in barrel I got them out it's still shooting accurate but then it started not too shoot accurate and another slug got stuck that was the second I'm getting some way better slugs and I cleaned the barrel very good
Do you know if Hunter Supply slugs are sized to .457? I see either .452 or .459 on the website. If you purchased .459 and they are not sized, the bullet could be .459- .461.

I clicked on cast lead bullet instead of air pellets/slugs:

I still wonder if their slugs are as-cast or sized. I couldn't imagine selling them without being sized, but companies do. Bummer that you are in this situation. At least none of the bullets I shot as-cast got stuck. Only thing that happened to me is they didn't group well, forcing me to size someone else's product.

I clicked on cast lead bullet instead of air pellets/slugs:

I still wonder if their slugs are as-cast or sized. I couldn't imagine selling them without being sized, but companies do. Bummer that you are in this situation. At least none of the bullets I shot as-cast got stuck. Only thing that happened to me is they didn't group well, forcing me to size someone else's product.
They said they hand size the 310 grain I finally got the slugs out and got it to shoot good im thinking about buying the scba tank and altaros booster pump

IMG_20240329_160943407.jpg