• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.
UPDATE: My gun is suffering from accuracy issues now that I got it to the range, so I am debugging. Just an FYI

TLDR: I would recommend Pitbull airguns, especially for experienced people. They don't make the most pimped out looking modified bulldogs, or the most powerful, but they did stand behind their product, and the gun performed better than advertised. They advertise 8 regulated shots with 215 ft. lbs of energy using 142 grain ammo, but I am getting 8 regulated shots with a 14 fps spread at 250 ft. lbs of energy using 145 grain ammo. This exceeds my expectations.

I bought a pitbull Texas edition from pitbull airguns. The Texas edition is the Pitbull AKC with a bunch of extras (scope, hat, magazines, slugs, etc.) but I don't think they are selling the Texas edition bundle anymore. 

Background: I am a newb and I needed to kill a coyote that was hassling my dog (who we put outside every night). I need the gun to be quiet and devastating so that I didn't have a yelping coyote running through the neighborhood waking neighbors up, some of whom might shed a tear and make teary eyed nextdoor(dot com) posts if they heard a dying coyote, or worse, found a dead coyote in their yard. I wanted a regulated gun because after the task of killing a coyote was done I was hoping to shot the gun at a range and meet other airgunners. Well, I killed the coyote with one devastating shot, dropped it straight down--very ethical and quiet kill. So first reason to buy the gun was a success. But then I started testing and wasn't getting anywhere near the 8 regulated shots Pitbull advertises for the pitbull AKC.

Long story short: Pitbull airguns ultimately delivered the performance they promised and then some. They did have to do some warranty repair because a gauge and the regulator were not working correctly, and they also replaced the filler port which was scuffed before or during shipment when I first got the gun. The box looked fine when I got it, and I was very impressed with the custom form fitting spray foam they used to protect the gun, so I did not think it was shipping damage at the time. But since then and judging by some other recent posts about shipping damage from other vendors I've seen, I suspect it was shipping damage.

Paul at times is very nice on the phone, a tinsy bit annoyed at other times, and I assume busy enough to not want to have to hold the hand of a newb, which I would understand. We all can't have great personalities, and I certainly cannot maintain a pleasant disposition 24/7. I am guessing Paul does it better than I would. I believe Paul is the guy doing the work, answering phones and emails--and he's busy, so I can understand his pressures. Diagnosing the problems with my gun took longer because I am a newb, and was using a hand pump and didn't have a chronograph. I had reported there was not obvious damage to the box, and had all sorts of possibly crazy theories about why the regulator wasn't working. From Paul's perspective, he tested the gun when it left and assumed I just needed to get enough shots through the gun to break in the regulator. Doing this with a hand pump and a busy schedule took several months. But I eventually got a compressor, and at Paul's suggestion, a chronograph.

Constructive feedback from the perspective of a newb:

1. Provide instructions with the shipment on recommended ranges of bullet weights, include a discussion about the almost necessity of a compressor and a chronograph in those instructions.

2. Provide instructions with the shipment on adjusting the hammer spring.

3. Consider buying those 25-g force labels to detect shippers manhandling packages with guns.

All in all, I would recommend Pitbull airguns, especially for experienced people. They don't make the most pimped out looking modified bulldogs, or the most powerful, but they did stand behind their work, and the gun performed better than advertised (they advertise 8 regulated shots with 215 ft. lbs of energy using 142 grain ammo, but I am getting 8 regulated shots with a 14 fps spread at 250 ft. lbs of energy using 145 grain ammo). This exceeds my expectations.

4.1650859172.png

Also, their custom SLS printed magazines are pretty cool. They have an o-ring to keep the bullets from rattling as they do in a standard Benjamin bulldog magazine.

Pitbull airguns is the real deal. While there are many options, I'd certainly put pitbull on the list of vendors to consider if you're thinking about getting a modified bulldog.