• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

PB long range vs Shooting long range with PCP

I do a lot of my testing at sea level, but so far, all of my long range airgun competitions have been at around 2000ft elevation. That alone changes the barometric pressure that I need to account for. I calculate the drops based on conditions when shooting because there can be significant differences. Drop varies with conditions.

Yep.

I use Density Altitude/DA which is a calculation using a combo of, station pressure, altitude, and humidity. I get that info from my Kestrel weather meter.

drop doesn't change, but I'm just getting technical. if you look at TOF it will show you where the comparison is between PB and AG. Cal. and weight will also have an effect on drift all things being equal. this is in the scope of the OP not to take away from anything posted. as for LR shooting, its so not complicated. we tend to make it more than it needs to be. advancements have made it easier in some respects but at the end of the day trigger time is #1 when it comes to shooting. realistically there is no true comparison between the 2 when it comes to long range. 1000 yds and beyond brings variables that an AG will never see, even drift cannot be matched because wind will change 3 times and throw in a swirl or up draft between you and 1000 yds. hard to match that at AG distances.