Paypal????????

I think it's mostly a matter of personal comfort level. I will never give PP or any other payment service my bank account information. I'm so old school I almost always buy from individuals with either a personal check or my bank's money order. I don't mind waiting any reasonable period of time that the seller requests for collection of funds. I rarely have anyone refuse, and if they do, it is probably an individual from whom I'd rather not buy anyway.

+1 on the money orders. Used them for decades without incident, until Ebay strong armed everyone towards electronic payments. Pulled all my PayPal money out last month due to countless horror stories about honest people's accounts getting frozen for nothing more than the mere mention of firearms-related words. I used them for years and for me it was just a matter of time before mine got frozen. Bye bye PP.

Reactions: SHOMER
This horse has been beaten several times.

Electronic funds transactions are actually a product of 9/11, not eBay or Paypal. eBay and Paypal are simply the beneficiaries of the "Check Clearing for the 21st Century," act. I think eBay is a scourge, personally, as it profits obscenely from another's work. Paypal's owners/board have an agenda that does not align with most airgun shooters. I suspect some enterprising company will step in to fill the void created by Paypal's policies; which appear random at best.

Reactions: SHOMER
New tax laws are hurting PP and ebay quite a bit. ebay is already complaining to the government officials that they, ironically, supported.

If you don't know, anything over $600 you receive in your PP account, or ebay sales over $600, you will be sent a 1099k, to report as income. Started this year.
You're right, and we all know who to thank for that.

But beyond the new way for the IRS to reach their hands into our pockets, a lot of people have had their accounts frozen because of transactions involving things that launch projectiles.

My advice to anyone using paypal is to never leave any kind of a balance in their account. That way, when the paypal police find that you've been buying and/or selling airguns or airgun related equipment, there's nothing for them to steal.

Barter and Crypto is the only way. Inflation rate is far higher than they are reporting and US dollars are loosing value that will never bounce back. I'm switching to digital Yuan ASAP and never looking back. Thanks Uncle Joe!

If you thought the Covid shortages were bad start thinking mid-1930s Great Depression. Plant a garden. Stock up on stuff now, especially hunting pellets and seeds.

Barter and Crypto is the only way. Inflation rate is far higher than they are reporting and US dollars are loosing value that will never bounce back. I'm switching to digital Yuan ASAP and never looking back. Thanks Uncle Joe!

If you thought the Covid shortages were bad start thinking mid-1930s Great Depression. Plant a garden. Stock up on stuff now, especially hunting pellets and seeds.
Good luck with the digital Yuan…

Ethically though, Walmart and PayPal are both impact society negatively.... Every small town with a Walmart has had their local family owned downtown businesses decimated while the suppliers to Walmart (family farmers, small businesses) have been exploited or offshored.

At least the USPS is at least theoretically pro-American.

Unfortunately it's hard to decouple from Amazon, Walmart, Big Box stores and the Federal Reserve system much less social media but I know all these places are run by people who hate the traditional American people most especially gun owners.

Last edited by a moderator: