PayPal NIGHTMARE!

This was the result of talking to actual humans. They just keep repeating that they can't tell me why my account was locked and that I have no recourse for an appeal of any kind.

Personally, this is the most concerning part of your story. That they are closing your account. No reason given. No right to appeal. If I were you, I'd file a complaint with your state attorney general's office.

My small business has been doing business through PayPal for a very long time. I can't say that I've never had any problems, but nothing that wasn't eventually resolved. But there have been a few questionable events so that I can't say that I entirely trust them. I -never- leave a balance. As soon as any funds are received they are immediately transferred to a bank account that I've set up solely to receive money from PayPal.

I am moving from PayPal permanently. I have found Squaretrade Cash App to be good. If not then I typically use Venmo. 

No way of getting around the new IRS stuff. I just accepted it, however PayPal and the fees are too much. Cash App so far hasn’t had any fee but amounts are limited to a few thousand a day I believe. 

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cash-app/id711923939

I buy and sell with check, money order, or credit card. I guess I'm just too old to understand these alternative methods of settling transactions. If I'm not comfortable with the other party, I'm not going to do business with him under any circumstances. If a buyer and seller agree on a transaction, why pay a fee to a third party to shift around the money? I think I'll stick to my old fashioned ways. 

Paypal refunded payment to an Ebay purchaser from me when there was no money in my PP account leaving me with a negative balance. I was not given an option to refuse the refund, they simply stole the funds. I have closed my PP account without zeroing out the balance and will never use them again. PP can pound sand as far as I am concerned. I've used Venmo for some online purchases but there are a few entry fees for events I participate in that will only allow PP so I just don't participate any longer. 

Rick H.

Venmo is an American mobile payment service founded in 2009 and owned by PayPal since 2012. (Wikipedia)

I use Zelle when possible. Early Warning Systems currently owns Zelle. Early Warning Systems itself is owned by Bank of America, BB&T, Capital One, Navy Federal Credit Union, JPMorgan Chase, PNC Bank, Ally, US Bank, and Wells Fargo. 

Reactions: ThomasT
Wow - second thread in a week. I'm going to be much more careful moving forward. I enjoy using PayPal for online purchases because it provides a degree of separation between a shady website and your cash - and as others have noted PayPal tends to side with the buyer in a dispute. I'm not sure what to do here because I have trusted PayPal as my primary purchasing mechanism since the '90s. For the most part I guess I will be going with PayPal F&F deals and ask the sender to only say "Thank you" in the memo field. Venmo is an option as well - but what is up with "public" purchases that the world can see - f'dat. 

i would 'guess' ANYTHING linked to a gun 'related' site is fair game for liberal targeting .. ive had no problem so far using ebay to buy scopes etc .. but yeah, id say going to 'joe shmoe tactical optics' etc and using paypal is asking for it these days ... certain places are flagging EVERYTHING gun related even airgun forums like this one, trust me .. i would go so far as to say we probably even risk being on some kind of list touching anything gun related online going forward ... sad state of affairs weve allowed to take root in this country ...

Don’t make this political. This is not “liberal” targeting. It’s a business abusing their power. Politics has nothing to do with it. It’s also against forum rules to mention politics!

You are , respectfully , wrong. paypal has long been associated with a liberal lean. Recently shadow banning support for gun purchases in NOT fulfilling their obligations pertaining to gun purchases, powder or air. Now with the Gov't interfering with sales over $600 , I've stopped selling , period. It is political, I'm just trying to find a way AROUND their crap! Best wishes all.

Reactions: rappert
I humbly submit the rebirth of a very old Elmore city Oklahoma bank that's rolling out as OLD GLORY BANK in 2023.
For now, at least, the bank will operate virtually in the manner to which most of us are accustomed: through a website, a cellular phone app, and an established network of 37,000 (free) ATMs across the country with the usual array of credit cards, ATM cards, and so forth. Plans are to expand to include an ever-widening array of financial services once established.
That might well include something similar to PAYPAL without their problems. :D:LOL::ROFLMAO:
They plan to roll out slowly & carefully, starting Nov. 17, seeking to be fully up and running in the first quarter of 2023.
You may reserve now on their website: oldglorybank.com

Just adding they did it to me as well. Even reported me to Alphabet org and I got a visit. It was because I bought some chemicals online that even Alphabet org started were perfectly legal. Kicker is if I had any funds with paypal they can confiscate those as well. Luckily I did not leave funds on their site. 2 days later Venmo followed banning me as well.

Starting to hear more of this. Obviously, something has changed and they are targeting us. After seeing a similar post last week, I took all my money out. Now we need to find a new way to send/receive money. I guess it's back to snail mail and money orders.
take out a new credit card , like an Airlines free mileage card and limit the amount to say $5000. then if somehow it gets hacked it is limited .
Stores acep[t cards

I closed down my Paypal accounts a few weeks ago after the big fuss about them fining users $2500 per infraction for certain types of social media posts. It's been inconvenient a few times so far, but nothing I can't deal with. Will they miss my relatively small purchases? Probably not, but I do feel a little better about not feeding the dog that wants to bite me.

Don’t make this political. This is not “liberal” targeting. It’s a business abusing their power. Politics has nothing to do with it. It’s also against forum rules to mention politics!
Are you living in a bubble? EVERYTHING today is related to politics. I can close my eyes and envision the day when my debit card is rejected if I buy dinosaur fuel for my car. If we don't fix this issue now, it will only get worse.

Saw this in the “FOR SALE” section of a PB forum I frequent. It’s right at the top where you can’t miss it.

322CD5CF-5B48-4B09-984A-5C9BABC7E9E4.jpeg

Do you like to live in a capitalistic country ? do you like to live in a free speach country ? do you like to live in a de-regulation country ? ....then you have to live with what the individual/company want to do, simple as that.

Tell you that losing airgun business is not even going to put aminimal dent in the operation, leave as you like but you are not going to change a thing, not even close.