• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

PayPal hoax.....hmmm

Been getting a few notices from “PayPal “ that my account is going to be. And supposedly as of now suspended. “Because of suspicious activity on several credit cards linked to your PayPal “ - hmmm

only have one card , and their fraud dept is always on top of this stuff. Next is “ click on the log in to PayPal and make sure you have necessary documents to prove account information “ ., - LOL!!

REALLY !! Does NOT pass the sniff test. If any of you get this crap - DELETE the email! Then , if concerned, log into PayPal separately like you normally would. Do not click the email link. It’s easy to forget. Stay safe airgunners 😉👍

PayPal is a joke they do what they want with your money

Yep, I had two separate issues and Paypal said, "try to resolve it with the vendor..." on both, which I already did. Useless.

i respectfully disagree. i have had countless transactions buying and selling through paypal. all with out issue. i had a couple instances where i made purchase and vendor was iffy. i asked for refund, and after due verification , said funds were reimbursed back to me. my post was displaying what appears to be a phishing scam under the guise of paypal. that was my intention . it was to get the word out to others concerned about their accounts. paypal is also the victim here , being made out to be the culprit. so please don't make this a paypal bashing post. paypal covered my ass two times with a dispute. did what they said they would. i can't complain.

I get those messages for credit cards and online banking. Most have the names of banks I have never heard of. Sometimes they get lucky and name a bank I do have. Never log in to a popup in an email link. Always close your browser and open a fresh window and use your proper login that you have bookmarked. If paying a legitimate online bill, your info should be already in their system and partly encrypted.

In Outlook if you are looking at it on a computer, it will show who the "paypal.com" email is actually from.

On Android, when you first look at the email, it will have an address of paypal.com as the sender. If you then click on that address, then it will show you who it is actually from. If it isn't really from paypal, then you should forward that message to [email protected] so they can try to reduce the problem by finding the bad guys. I don't know how apple handles this problem.

One problem I have been having lately is when I get one of these false paypal emails from out side the U.S. like international.paypal.com and I see it isn't actually from paypal and then I forward that email to paypal then they send me back an email which basically tells me how to resolve any dispute I have with paypal. Like they think it is an actual email to me about a dispute I have with paypal. I don't have any disputes with paypal and everything is fine. I don't know why they are doing this. When I send them one of the bad emails that originates in the U.S., they send me an email thanking me for letting them know about the scammer. Who knows.

1595997079_3520833045f20fb973dee64.64856059.png

1595997103_4393814095f20fbaf0aa4d3.13786016.PNG

1595997127_17628385585f20fbc7db9e72.72414297.PNG

I get these a couple times a month. There will be a special place for these folks to serve penance, no matter what religion they are.

• If your name isn't on it, it's fake
  • If they can't write proper English, it's fake
  • If the senders e-mail address (hover over the "[email protected] address") isn't paypal, it's fake. Also make sure PayPal is spelled correctly. they use close spellings to trick.

As the OP said, DELETE IT and move on. And yes, PayPal's support isn't wonderful