• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

PayPal fees?

no , from what i have seen and heard. if you link a CC to your paypal . F&F are free. G&S has a fee taken out where you pay the amount , but the seller gets 3.5% taken out . thats why sellers ask for the fees added if you chose that designation. however , if you link a debit card to paypal , it seems they take 6 bucks for every hundred transacted. a friend of mine just had that done. best as i can tell. 

IF your F&F payment is drawing from your credit card, there is a fee. If it is drawing from you bank account, there is not a fee.

^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^

I did notice a new warning on that CC F&F option now. It is saying that your CC company might treat it as a cash advance and charge you cash advance fees. I didn't ty it, but only wanted to know what the warning was. 

IF your F&F payment is drawing from your credit card, there is a fee. If it is drawing from you bank account, there is not a fee.

^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^

I did notice a new warning on that CC F&F option now. It is saying that your CC company might treat it as a cash advance and charge you cash advance fees. I didn't ty it, but only wanted to know what the warning was.

Yeah I have my card linked to PayPal so that might be what it is happening 

I just went into my records , both my bank acct and credit card are linked. paypal uses bank acct for F&F transaction - no fees. when G&S it's with card and falls on seller. That is what i observed for me.

Money orders are cheaper. And the Post Office does not oppose traditional family values. Paypal is a gun owners enemy. They gladly take your money then stab you in the back funding anti gun politicians, lobbyists, and legislation. Smaller purchases with people I trust I just send cash. Thank you, I'd rather take my chances.

Yeah I usually go the USPS route but sometimes it can be a hassle and PayPal is much more convenient.

The fees are totally worth it. I have had to file 3 PayPal claims on shady sellers. Every time I got my money back with 0% hassle. More importantly I have never had to come on a forum and say "boohoo I have been scammed"

It happens don't be so certain it can't or won't happen to you. PayPal is not 100% fool proof read back thru my comments 

It's a common MISTAKE for sellers and buyers alike to use 'Friends and Family' to avoid paying PayPal their very reasonable fees for the valuable service they provide. When selling, I prefer PayPal payment, and always insist buyers pay me with the 'Goods and Services' option. 

That said, it warms my heart when I hear or read stories by someone belly-aching that they have no recourse whatsoever for a bad purchase because they were so cheap and short-sighted they used the 'Friends and Family' option... to save a few bucks... by cheating PayPal!

It's a common MISTAKE for sellers and buyers alike to use 'Friends and Family' to avoid paying PayPal their very reasonable fees for the valuable service they provide. When selling, I prefer PayPal payment, and always insist buyers pay me with the 'Goods and Services' option. 

That said, it warms my heart when I hear or read stories by someone belly-aching that they have no recourse whatsoever for a bad purchase because they were so cheap and short-sighted they used the 'Friends and Family' option... to save a few bucks... by cheating PayPal!

Agree 100%. It's a small price to pay for a safer more reliable market. Maybe not perfect but probably better than the alternative.

I agree!

Pay Pal Goods & Services is an excellent way to protect both the buyer & the seller.

I also understand somewhat, why sellers in forums want the Pay Pal fees covered buy the buyer.

However that practice, as much as I have indulged it, truly goes against the grain

I think of the PP Fees that the seller (buy PP's design) is intended to pay no differently than the Credit Card Fees that sellers & vendors pay also

How would you react if in your next credit card purchase (on-line or in person) the sell expected you to the pay the credit card fees?

It's also my strong opinion that it is the responsibility of the seller to facilitate the buyers payment process

That's part of good customer service

Expecting a buyer to make a trip to the USPO, get a money order, & put it in the mail is not acceptable;

and by doing so, lose all protection is absurd

Just my non F&F 2 cents

Ed

FYI I have tried repeatedly to get PayPal to tell me what a $78.10 charge was for with no success. I have not bought or sold anything on EBay for several months. PayPal is not linked as a payment option for any of my other accounts. They have denied my claim twice now and worst part is they won’t even tell me what charge was for or who charged me! Venting here, but I am thinking about cancelling my PayPal account after 6 years and having run well over $15,000.00 in sales and purchases through it. Very irritating situation. I am NOT currently a fan of PayPal. Buyer beware!

Dave,

FWIW, though I have such a long and unique PayPal account name no-one could possibly have a similar one, one time an airgun buyer misspelled my long and unique PP account name by one letter, so I didn't receive his payment. When I discovered someone had the identical long and unique PP account name to mine except spelled differently by the same one letter as my buyer misspelled my account name, PayPal rescinded the erroneous payment to the scammer and straightened out the clusterf*** immediately. 

I'm a-guessin' there's a scammer of some kind behind your issue, and the scammer ain't named PayPal. In this high-tech age of internet commerce some scammers have developed some incredibly clever and elusive theft methods. 

Sorry to hear about your issue, Bud. Hope you get to the bottom of it; then have a story to pass along like mine... With a happy ending.