PayPal! Beware...

I've been with PP since the beginning of time. Rule changes, phone calls to fix errors, and everything always seemed to work out. 

Until now...

They have had "Policy" changes and seek to be the protectors of humankind... 

I recently purchased an air cylinder. The title said "airGUN". Their A.I. picked up on the word "Gun" and I've been permanently banned. It was either this or the Vulcan I recently purchased from Talon. Either way, both are perfectly legal.

So, anything, glueGun, sprayGun, greaseGun, etc etc will be flagged.

In 180 days, they will release the funds I have in my account minus fees if any occur. (Nice of them.)

About 8 hrs total time, Thursday, Friday, (more come Monday) of trying to find the actual reason was like pulling teeth from an elephant. The rep from India couldn't give a hard answer as they are not privy to user account info. Not even a "manager" could help... 😤

I wanted to share this to give a heads up. Take care to avoid using key words that make certain folks cry and hide with tissues and Teddy bears.

K9

That's pretty Jacked! I stopped selling on Ebay a long time ago. It seems like they tend to favor the buyer. Before you could sell something parts only or something broken and be 100% clear about it. Now the buyer can just return it just because they are not happy. No real legit reason needed. Not only that when you get your "parts only" item back, some parts are missing. I'll buy stuff on ebay, but there are better platforms to sell on.

Hopefully they will straighten it out, that’s a lot of lost business to exclude legal products like air guns… or a guns and roses tee shirt, or a Nerf gun. Although the nerf gun is actually listed as a Nerf Blaster. Do they actually think they will save us from guns by not allowing them to be shipped? Can you imagine the sheer tonnage of powder burners that are in every single American town? If everyone turned in their guns it would be a massive effort just to get them all to one location. Guns are a part of America like legs are a part of a human. I suppose it’s time to come up with some creative names for airguns, FX Royal projectile thumper. Daystate RedWolf thingie flipper. Edgun…whoops, Russian lelya lead extension unit.

Edit: But it’s a move that leaves everything in their favor, like if anything at all goes wrong and someone needs to file a claim, PP can deny it because someone lied about the shipped product. Such BS!

Reactions: ThomasT
I'm a little surprised that as long as you've used PayPal you weren't aware the term gun must be avoided like the plague. By the way, that probably also goes for any kind of cyberspace commerce.

For those still using PayPal, Ebay, and similar ilk, educate your buyers and sellers to not use any reference to guns whatsoever, so you don't lose your account(s).

I once ordered a dashcam from a American store on e bay, in a few days ebay turned the deal around and told me that such "dangerous" i assume, things could not be sent to Denmark.I just went to the company's regular store in NY and ordered the dashcam there.

I did contact ebay and told them that yes there are indeed something very rotten in the state of Denmark, but it is not yet North Korea rotten, and i am not aware of any kind of camera being illegal to import here.

For years i have now done everything i possible can to NOT use ebay or Amazon, and so far it is working alright.

Another few hours donated to the abyss. Nothing resolved as of yet. 

Why use PayPal? EBay mainly. Buyer protection. Ease of use. Yes, Wally world has Western Union. Too many scams with that. (I'm a retired Detective/K9 officer) Protection from having CC info hacked from allegedly secure sites. Etc. They've always, for the most part, been really reliable. My firearms and gear purchases have always been on a personal CC never through PP. And purchases through the forums, PP Friends/Family. It's easy and available. 

It's simply frustrating. I know their stance on firearms, firearms parts, and ammunition. It's prohibited. Airguns and accessories. Pellets and slugs, they've always been allowed. So, my intent was to caution those who use PP, step lightly. 

I've been with PP since the beginning of time. Rule changes, phone calls to fix errors, and everything always seemed to work out. 

Until now...

They have had "Policy" changes and seek to be the protectors of humankind... 

I recently purchased an air cylinder. The title said "airGUN". Their A.I. picked up on the word "Gun" and I've been permanently banned. It was either this or the Vulcan I recently purchased from Talon. Either way, both are perfectly legal.

So, anything, glueGun, sprayGun, greaseGun, etc etc will be flagged.

In 180 days, they will release the funds I have in my account minus fees if any occur. (Nice of them.)

About 8 hrs total time, Thursday, Friday, (more come Monday) of trying to find the actual reason was like pulling teeth from an elephant. The rep from India couldn't give a hard answer as they are not privy to user account info. Not even a "manager" could help...
1f624.svg

I wanted to share this to give a heads up. Take care to avoid using key words that make certain folks cry and hide with tissues and Teddy bears.

K9

PayPal is a terrible platform,

I can recommend “Stripe” 

https://stripe.com/

it’s a similar platform to paypal, you can both send and receive invoices and directly deposit to your bank account.

The only way you can be safe is to have an invoice sent and pay that with a good quality credit card. If the sale isn't good, simply get a refund from the cc company. No hassle with getting a refund thru paypal ir any other crooked money service. Been using this method for many many years, been thru numerous bad sales, fake sellers and allvthe other issues we have had to face over the years. Never had a problem getting a refund on my Master Card, if you dispute the sale, the oppisite party has to respond within 30 days while the sale is frozen. Hackers dont respond and even though some crazy sellers have tried to make excuses like lost in shipping or what ever excuse they come up with, if the sale is not completed to satisfaction within 30 days you get your money back from the cc company!!! So simple and easy, why screw around with these crazy money services??? Just use the invoice service, not there funding. In the last 3 years I have been involved in 4 bad sales with a bunch of smooth talking crooks with more excuses than you can imagine.....but in each case, I had my money back in my hands in 6 weeks or less. In one case the seller drug out excuses with fake tracking numbers and fake shipping companies for almost a whole month, but atbthe end of 30 days, I still had no rifle so the entire transaction was canceled and the money returned to my account in a week!! Use that credit card to save your butt. By using the invoice feature you can use your cc even if the seller doesnt take a cc.....