Pay Pal UPS shipping question

I would never send anything if there’s a hold on the funds. I’ve sold a lot on eBay and gotten many many payments using PayPal and buyers have ways of recouping money even if the funds have cleared so there’s really no reason to send if there’s a hold because of the buyer. They do occasionally place a hold if your PayPal account is new though. 

If you trust paypal then you should be ok, however, when I sell or buy from a stranger I use the invoice feature on paypal, the sellor creates an invoice for the buyer, once the buyer pays the invoice your good to go. You also now have evidence of a sale when the invoice is paid. It might take a week or two to get your money from paypal but you have evidence of a transaction being paid. I only use good credit cards with garanteed purchase benefits, so is a buy turns bad I have a way to recoup my money. Works well for the seller as well, makes it very difficult to stop the payment without sufficient cause. Best method I have found!!

OK guys this is what I got from Pay Pal as to why the money is on HOLD , The gun is on hold , I will not ship I do not like the answer I got from pay pal.... WHAT DO YOU THINK????

The below are a few examples of why we may hold funds:

1. You’re a new seller with PayPal or you’re an established seller but have opened a new account. 

• If you’ve a new PayPal account, it can take time to build up a positive reputation as a seller.

2. You haven’t sold in a while. 

• When your selling activity has been dormant for a long time, it will take time to rebuild a positive reputation as a seller.

3. Multiple customers reported problems or requested refunds. 

• We recommend working with your customers to solve any problems.

4. Your selling pattern appears to have changed or seems unusual. 

• Unusual selling patterns include: an unexpected surge in sales, a change in business type, a change in average selling price or type of item being sold.

5. You’re selling higher risk items. 

• Higher risk items can include event tickets, consumer electronics, travel packages and gift cards.

Once you print the label go to your account and add the tracking info to the sale. This may free up the funds quicker but may still take several days. Everybody is just trying to CYA including Paypal but all payment services seem to protect buyers and not so much sellers so there is always some risk involved. Did you check out the buyer on multiple forums to see if he/she has a history with anyone?

This is the way I see it and please jump in and help me understand. # 1 is a red flag # 2 is a 1/2 red flag # 3 is big red flag # 4 is 1/2 red flag... # 5 is a flag but not red.

I will make a phone call and keep eveyone up to date,,,,,

This is all new to me , I been selling and buying for well over 20 years....

Mike

The below are a few examples of why we may hold funds:

1. You’re a new seller with PayPal or you’re an established seller but have opened a new account. 

• If you’ve a new PayPal account, it can take time to build up a positive reputation as a seller.

2. You haven’t sold in a while. 

• When your selling activity has been dormant for a long time, it will take time to rebuild a positive reputation as a seller.

3. Multiple customers reported problems or requested refunds. 

• We recommend working with your customers to solve any problems.

4. Your selling pattern appears to have changed or seems unusual. 

• Unusual selling patterns include: an unexpected surge in sales, a change in business type, a change in average selling price or type of item being sold.

5. You’re selling higher risk items. 

• Higher risk items can include event tickets, consumer electronics, travel packages and gift cards

Maybe I've been lucky. I buy with a personal check, and I'm willing to accept same when I sell. A collection period is offered in both circumstances, and I've never had a problem. Everything I've bought for any significant price, I've had at least one conversation with the seller. One one ocassion, I asked the seller to email a photo of the rifle and his driver's license. I'm old, so maybe I place too much importance on just feeling out the seller and transaction. Seems that most products that insure your protection, work great until you need it. What does the third party have invested in the transaction, and what is their risk if it goes badly?

I’ve bought and sold over 200 items which have only been paid for through PayPal G&S and have had 0 problems with funds. I have had to have my money refunded several times and I have had to refund money before. But PayPal has never not given me my money or caused me to think I was going to lose and money. My dealings with PayPal have been nothing but positive. Having said that if I could just use a CC and it’s protections I would prefer that but the way stuff works now you need protection online and PayPal does offer that.

Hello, Hello. I have bought and sold a lot on a lot of forms,,,, So how many of you guys have had a HOLD on your funds and shipped the item anyway!!!!!!!

Thats what I am asking, And did you read the reasons for a hold as I posted????

I ask , Not how many people use Pay Pal but How many have had a hold on the funds , And said OH well I will ship my GUN any way , I trust pay pay will pay up....

Please have you done it? Would you do it?

Mike

not a gun, but ive had delays before, i dont even pay attention to them anymore .. i may just be lucky, but ive used paypal since almost its beginning .. years .. and never had an issue .. now if it was a big ticket item i'd definitely want to know from paypal if the funds were actually there,but ' hold ' wouldnt bother me .. but making sure some jerkov isnt just bullshting me i would need to ascertain if you know what im saying .. otherwise the other party is at risk to as much as you in the deal ..