PatchWorm PFK hard case

Hey guys, some of you have been asking about the plastic hard case option for our Pocket Field Kit, which has been out of stock for weeks. Well, we just got resupplied.

All the best! --George

http://patchworm.com/patchworm.html

1584484376_7842528615e71501814c8a7.99065250.JPG

Hi George,

Can I use a heat gun to get the curl out of the end of the patchworm? Or do you have any other recommendations? 

I know about the straw trick but it doesn't really work on my .357. The straw trick does work pretty good for my .25.

Hey there, if by "end" you mean the pointed tip end, then the best way might be to submerge it in boiling water for a few seconds. But do not submerge the rod end with the .20 cal end stop. I assume that you want pointed end straighter for easier passage through a moderator. Success with the straw also depends a lot on a close fit between the straw and the moderator exit hole.

Hi George,

Can I use a heat gun to get the curl out of the end of the patchworm? Or do you have any other recommendations? 

I know about the straw trick but it doesn't really work on my .357. The straw trick does work pretty good for my .25.

Hey there, if by "end" you mean the pointed tip end, then the best way might be to submerge it in boiling water for a few seconds. But do not submerge the rod end with the .20 cal end stop. I assume that you want pointed end straighter for easier passage through a moderator. Success with the straw also depends a lot on a close fit between the straw and the moderator exit hole.

Yeah, the pointed end on the FX crown or benjamin bulldog, between the barrel and shroud exit. Boiling water sounds like a good idea.

The felt cleaning buttons are awesome! Place a small amount of Balistol on the button and drag that through the barrel first. Really gets the lead out. I keep a couple of thick straws in my shooting bag. Placing the straw in the moderator makes it possible to pull through the barrel.