Parts From FX USA

I ordered parts when I first got my Crown Mk I and I just ordered another o-ring pack for my M3 and It's way easier now but both orders have gone pretty smooth. They have parts ordering section on their website now makes things a little easier. Also if you need help their techs are super nice and willing to walk you through some steps. 

Where I got parts a week ago: 

https://www.fxairguns-usa.com/parts-order/

I considered a Huma but from reading posts I'm not sure the benefits warrant the price?

Hard to say. The FX reg in my Royale was no good, and the Huma works well. But, I think the regs in my HW100 and Taipan are better. My problem with FX, they spit out stuff so fast, I think it's luck of the draw regarding what you get. The tech folks here in NC are good, and you can usually get someone on the phone who can help. 

I guess some people feel special if they spend $2000+ on an FX airgun or $50000 for a Mercedes.

Substitute Porsche for Mercedes, and I've done both, sold the FX, kept the Porsche! There's no doubt, Crosman products offer value. Much the same can be said for a Chevy Camaro SS in the car world. Is the Porsche twice as good, I think it depends on whether you have twice as much money. The Crosman might shoot the same score as a top-shelf $2,500+ rifle, and if you're an experienced driver, you might drive the same lap time in the Camaro as the Porsche, depending somewhat on course configuration. But, if asked which one you have more fun shooting/driving, the answer will be as clear as the dip in your bank account! I'm too old to pinch pennies, and I'm fortunate to be able to afford some nice stuff. I don't feel special, just very lucky. 

I've purchased directly from FX USA. They've added an order page, which I believe they review your order, send a price and confirmation, then once paid, they ship. Not easy, but it is the manufacturer. Prices for the new reg internals was only about $40 when I bought, but that was a year ago. I have a Gen 1 Impact, and the regulator kit I bought included new washers, post, and washers. They took a few days to ship, but it all arrived and all was good.

In all, I also purchased replacement parts I damaged, added a power plenum and such. Picked up an STX barrel system from UAG, so the only real gen 1 parts are the trigger and block. All is good.

I guess some people feel special if they spend $2000+ on an FX airgun or $50000 for a Mercedes.

Substitute Porsche for Mercedes, and I've done both, sold the FX, kept the Porsche! There's no doubt, Crosman products offer value. Much the same can be said for a Chevy Camaro SS in the car world. Is the Porsche twice as good, I think it depends on whether you have twice as much money. The Crosman might shoot the same score as a top-shelf $2,500+ rifle, and if you're an experienced driver, you might drive the same lap time in the Camaro as the Porsche, depending somewhat on course configuration. But, if asked which one you have more fun shooting/driving, the answer will be as clear as the dip in your bank account! I'm too old to pinch pennies, and I'm fortunate to be able to afford some nice stuff. I don't feel special, just very lucky.

I too have done both, but in my case I kept both the Porsche and the FX(s). Value is in the eye of the beholder. As kball said, I’ve worked hard all my life to be able to buy what I want, and it turns out that I like nice things and that they tend to cost a little more than other things that are not quite as nice. Is it “worth” the extra money? To me it is, and that;s all that matters.

Chris

FX air guns cost anywhere from $1000 to $2000+ 

What do you get for that?

Expensive parts, and customer support and warranty length that is worse than Crosman.

Crosman has 5 years warranty for many airguns while FX has 3 years warranty.

Don’t know if you e ever held an FX in your hands. If you have a chance to, compare it to the less pricey guns, and what I want you to do is not compare the power, shot count, accuracy, but look, really look, at the design, the Machining, and fitment of the parts as they mesh with one another. Look closely at the details, like groove cuts on the cocking handle, the alignment notch on the transfer ports, etc. Feel the trigger on one that’s been adjusted properly. Feel the light weight as you shoulder it. Look at the user friendly knobs, access points, fastener quality. If you understand how a pcp works the minute you pull the trigger, and how the air goes from the pressure tube/bottle all the way to the skirt of a pellet, you will realize the engineering that went thru the entire platform, and understand as to why they have that price tag. 

I see you didn’t complain about a Daystate’s heftier price tag on the Delta Wolf. 

Its not about feeling special, if I may speak for everyone, it’s about getting the best that you can afford, on a hobby that puts a smile on your face. I own an Impact MK2, and two MK2 wildcats as far as fx goes, but I drive a 2003 Toyota Camry with a big dent in the bumper or a 1993 dodge pickup that’s in dire need of body work and paint. They both run great! No need to spend big $$ on something that deteriorates in value the minute you pull out of the car lot. If I want to splurge on an Airgun I will, lol, and a well oiled machine of an Airgun will bring back a better return on your investment if you decide to sell, cause people still want them!

I have ordered parts once from FX USA. It was a very positive experience I didn't expect. The fella on the other end of the call was extremely helpful and kept probing with questions of my intent with the parts. He changed my part numbers an explained about new improvements and saved me some coins while doing so. I was very impressed with the professionalism as well.

Yup! Can’t have a single FX thread without a FX basher! Why do people care so much about how other spend and value their purchase? I have multiple of both FX and Crosman guns, what does that make me then? 

as far as ordering parts from FX goes I had zero issues getting parts from them. Speaking of which I need to call and order something Tuesday, thanks for the reminder.