• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms Part Not There Or Missing?

I'm resealing a Crosman 140 and I reassembled it yesterday and the pump won't go but maybe 1/2 way to the stock. Also, I can't find the center piece that is in this F69EE38E-7ACC-4868-8B27-FD51DB5E9C83_4_5005_c.jpeg photo between the #140-56 "Exhaust Valve Ring." This is the first Crosman I've attempted a reseal and I've found I'm at a loss, maybe my 140 never had the part of it rolled off the desk onto the floor somewhere. (The center dark part). Sorry this is confusing, you shou,d be sitting where I am! But that part eludes me.

Well guys, I worked around a day and a half on this thing and finally put it together three times before it was right. It wouldn't hold air so I found a small rubber pump type thing and cut off the small end and used it to fashion a seal between the barrel and air tube and danged it if doesn't hold air now.
This thing was filthy, oil or grease all over the stock, rusty barrel. I took the stock and scrubbed it with a Scotchbrite and dish soap and it turned out pretty good for being neglected so long and steel wool to the barrel. There wasn't'a whole lot of improvement on the metal other than a lot of rust and gunk was removed. But overall, I'm please because I did reseal the thing and it works. Thanks!